Nando's...why the hate?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww shucks, can wee Jama not speak up for himself? That's cute, I'm sure he will go halfers on a pint to say thanks.

Can imagine you getting the text from Jama begging you to come on here and stick up for him. Tragic behaviour.

Not sure why you are under the illusion we're joined at the hip. Clutching at straws with that chat. The only tragic behaviour I see here is a man telling us he goes to Nandos "at least once a week." :lol: . Fucking hell.

Fucking St Johnstone fans. If it isn't inbreeding there at, it's infighting

07.png

Not sure why you are under the illusion we're joined at the hip. Clutching at straws with that chat. The only tragic behaviour I see here is a man telling us he goes to Nandos "at least once a week." :lol: . Fucking hell.

07.png

u wot m8?

pm for a fight? I'm proper nawty btw

I think part of Nandos image problem is that they have got too big too quickly.

When I was down in West London 10 years ago there were loads of Nandos around there, but north of Watford they were few and far between, and none in Scotland at all, which always annoyed me when I came up here as if I mentioned Nandos no-one would have a clue what I was talking about.

As with anything that expands, it's difficult to keep up the same standards when you have 200 locations as when you have 20 locations.

I still enjoy going to Nandos, and am glad they have expanded into Scotland, but overall it's probably not quite as good as it was 10 years ago.

Yaaasss a nandos hipster. I didn't think that would exist. Kudos.

I've never set foot in the place, nothing to do with snobbery, I just don't really fancy it. The one in Xscape has a harvester next door to it, so if I'm going for chain grub, I prefer to go there as it's usually much, much quieter and the food is not bad.

I've never set foot in the place, nothing to do with snobbery, I just don't really fancy it.

I'm the same, just doesn't appeal. Never had a Subway either but that's probably another topic.

Subway is a delicious, healthy sandwich place which crafts together a great fresh sandwich when you're on the hop.

I agree it's delicious... but the salt levels in their subs are ridiculous.

I struggle to understand what doesn't appeal about chicken.

Subway's decent if you can't be bothered making your own sandwich, but everything you get there tastes the same if you fill it with salad.

No wonder this country is in the state it is health-wise when you have people proclaiming Subway as 'healthy'.

It depends what you get of course, but in general, it's by far the healthiest of the fast food places.

I've been to subway once. I had a grim hangover and was just able to order a meatball sub, cue about 10 questions re how I wanted it. Far too complicated for being in that state. It was pretty shit tbh.

It depends what you get of course, but in general, it's by far the healthiest of the fast food places.

I've had it a few times, my daughter was really into them for a while (probably because EVERYONE else was) and I can't say I was particularly impressed, yes you can pick your own fillings and that but you can in a lot of places and as has been said, they're full of salt and the sauces etc are full of crap too. The fact that they try and get athletes to advertise them hasn't escaped me as bit of a cynical ploy but I don't get to the levels of hatred that Nando's seems to inspire, and if there was nothing else I would go to one but then I'm a fat greedy b*****d so that probably plays a part too :)

I've had it a few times, my daughter was really into them for a while (probably because EVERYONE else was) and I can't say I was particularly impressed, yes you can pick your own fillings and that but you can in a lot of places and as has been said, they're full of salt and the sauces etc are full of crap too. The fact that they try and get athletes to advertise them hasn't escaped me as bit of a cynical ploy but I don't get to the levels of hatred that Nando's seems to inspire, and if there was nothing else I would go to one but then I'm a fat greedy b*****d so that probably plays a part too :)

I'm very much an Indian fan myself. If I'm to eat out, I'd only nip into Subway if there was nothing else or if was close by and I couldn't be bothered going elsewhere. When I eat out though it's generally for Indian food or a nice, greasy kebab when I'm steaming/hungover.

I'm very much an Indian fan myself. If I'm to eat out, I'd only nip into Subway if there was nothing else or if was close by and I couldn't be bothered going elsewhere. When I eat out though it's generally for Indian food or a nice, greasy kebab when I'm steaming/hungover.

I hear ya brother, if it was just down to me it would be curry 9 times out of 10 for a sit down but for something lighter or quicker I'm not as picky and will have whatever's handy but I do tend to swerve subways if I can. Proper chicken breast meat kebabs are absolutely fantastic, better than elephants leg but if you're hanging out your hoop still at 4 or 5 the following afternoon a proper greasy elephants leg kebab is the stuff to square you away.

Apart from sushi I pretty much eat the lot though,I'm very much an equal opportunities fat fecker (apart from the inscrutable Japanese and their raw fish).

Archived