Nando's...why the hate?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've eaten my fair share of 'cheap pub grub' and Weatherspoons is probably the worst.

I have breathed through my mouth when I had a particularly bad sinus infection.

Must be the other one then :P The reaction by some to peoples choices of scran surprises me. I can't get worked up about it if someone really likes a place that I'm not arsed about. Certainly not enough to label them for it, must be my zen like approach to scran.

I have zero interest in ever trying nandos. Nothing about the place appeals to me and their hot sauces out the supermarket are shit. That's my opinion though and would never slate someone else for going. As has been said KFC and mcdonalds etc inevitable when you have kids.

The missus and I eat out at least once a week and we usually go for decent pub food. I refuse to eat in the likes of witherspoons. I have a perfectly good microwave at home!

I've been to subway once. I had a grim hangover and was just able to order a meatball sub, cue about 10 questions re how I wanted it. Far too complicated for being in that state. It was pretty shit tbh.

I always thought the same until I tried a wheat bread steak and cheese (all microwaved together) with lettuce, tomato, olives and jalepenos lightly topped with south-west sauce.

Eta: Still one of my favourite foods but the only thing from Subway which I like (the white choc-chip cookies aside of course).

I've never been but I go once a week. It's expensive, delicious shite which is good value for money. I'm a mouth-breathing peasant who hates Oasis and buys all their albums despite having never listened to them.

Mon The Greggs!

Dropped into the one in Stirling when it first opened, before I'd ever heard of them. We were pretty perplexed by the meals and service, what little there was. Never had quite such a forgettable meal. Or if I have, I can't remember! Ha, ha.

The impression that I used to get was that Nando's was very trendy with students and young professionals - judging by all of your comments, I'm guessing that's changed?

Frankie & Benny's are quality, BTW. I was subconsciously put off trying them for years due to a sneering review from some pretentious tosser, but I've been back many times since finally giving them a go. Bit pricey in the evening though - I dropped £120 on a meal for three a few years back without trying hard.

NB: that's a lot of money for us mouthbreathers.

Subway is fucking terrifying when you first go and they start bombarding you with questions. But you end up on auto-pilot after a while, like the staff. Tastiest of the fast food chains IMO, and undoubtedly better for you too. All the stuff about the sauces being unhealthy is a bit disingenuous as it's your choice to ask for them; it's not like you have to opt out, like the burger chains. But their adverts are chronic - that one with Daniel Sturridge wanting to be Pele was hilariously :1eye

Love their veggie patty too - I think that's the first time I've preferred a vegetarian option over the standard ones.

Edit to add: Apropos of nothing, I have a friend in California who swears blind that an ex-roommate of hers from about fifteen years ago was fired from his Subway job for adding his essence to the mayonnaise.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2705413/Mother-admits-punching-three-year-old-son-death-putting-body-suitcase-hiding-bush-sparking-massive-manhunt.html

Fan of Nandos = Potential child killer

Seriously though, what parent batters their 3 year old child because they are being violently ill?

I feel almost as bad as the wean does when she's being sick just because I can't do anything to help her.

Been to Nando's a couple of times.......just think it's overprice and fairly bland food that I can make far better at home for far less money.

I'd say Wagamama's is similarly overpriced but at least you have more variety there.

I'd say Wagamama's is similarly overpriced but at least you have more variety there.

Chicken Katsu curry is the only option in Wagamamas and it is fucking incredible.

Archived