Nando's...why the hate?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuine question;

How does a sushi restaurant work in terms of billing?

I've never been to one, but from the ones I've seen at airports my interpretation is that you sit there and just take what you want off the conveyor thingy, but how do they know what you've eaten and what they should charge? Or is it a fixed price for all you can eat thing?

They do Happy Hour type things at times. Go then. And stick to all the more expensive plates.

Haven't been to nandos but a lot of folk are saying it is expensive for what it is.

Well my reply to that is what bloody restaurant isn't?

I got the best steak of my life in Vegas but by f**k did I pay a shitload for it, more than it was worth.

If you are looking for value in food, you need to buy it from the shops and cook it yourself.

I told a friend I'd never been to Nando's and genuinely didn't know what they served and her jaw hit the deck. She couldn't believe that I hadn't been because "everyone's been". Things like that make me wonder if it's actually good or if it's just another trend, like Subway when it first came out or like wanks that buy tiny tubs of Ben & Jerry's ice cream for £6.

It's all part of this "reem boy" trend IMO, a trend that actively encourages you to be stupid coz its a lol, it would seem.

Absolutely. These punters are absolutely infuriating. Its not easy to sum them up but 'reem boy' does it for me.

Exhibit A:

LOL, that famous reem boy trend that's sweeping the nation.

I just don't get the love for Nando's sauce.

Now I love all things hot and spicy but their sauce tastes like it is made in a chemical factory with a twist of lemon juice.

Snap, I'm the same, I put chilli's/chilli sauce/ground chilli's on most things but I find something in Nando's just a bit unpleasant, I've put it down to lemons as well but I don't really know. I know I'm not a fan, I can eat it but it just doesn't really hit the spot.

Nando's Marinade tastes nicer than Nando's Sauce. I like to have it on pizzas.

As for Nando's itself, it's ok, not amazing. I reckon the chicken place round the corner from me is nicer and I prefer to takeaway so I can eat in the comfort of my own home in front of the telly.

If I'm out for a meal that's different but I wouldn't choose Nando's if that was the case. Some of my former work colleagues like it though so I've been a couple of times and found it pleasant enough. Not worth getting upset about.

Nandos is fucking brilliant. I go at least once a week, even if that is a quick takeaway on my way home from work.

Double burger, three wings, peri chips, rice and houmous if I'm going all out. Fantastic. People that complain about the price are quite blatantly peasants.

:lol:

What a sad, sad man.

Nandos is fucking brilliant. I go at least once a week, even if that is a quick takeaway on my way home from work.

Double burger, three wings, peri chips, rice and houmous if I'm going all out. Fantastic. People that complain about the price are quite blatantly peasants.

That sounds like the start of an addiction. Quite a sad addiction, but there are bound to be others like you. Get help before it's to late. They'll probably put you on the McD Programme and try and wean you off it, but just go cold turkey (not cold chicken!)

Here, what's Cosmo like?

I've been once and thought it was incredibly average. Yet to go back despite many opportunities to. The disappointment probably stems from people going "that new Cosmo is amazing!" though.

It's like Jimmy Chungs branched into curry and other world dishes basically. Excellent if you're the 'beat the buffet' type I guess and Jimmy Chungs is another which divides opinion anyway.

I've been once and thought it was incredibly average. Yet to go back despite many opportunities to. The disappointment probably stems from people going "that new Cosmo is amazing!" though.

It's basically like Jimmy Chungs branched into curry and other world dishes basically. Excellent if you're the 'beat the buffet' type I guess.

I've never been but don't like it based on other people liking it/what other people have said about it on the internet.

On the occasions when I've been out for something to eat and have been in the vicinity of a Nando's I've looked at the menu and thought it looks a bit poor. Overpriced chicken wings and the like aren't really my thing.

It makes my wallert clench tighter when I look at a menu and think I can do better at home.

... and it's because of folk like this that we have this thread. Even in everyday conversation, somebody (usually in the majority) will eventually give their honest opinion that Nando's is nothing special and overpriced for what it is and be met by such a response. Hits the nail on the head that it's not so much the restaurant but it's deluded fan club which is responsible for the 'hate'.

Eta: from personal experience, even if we've been before and people have said it was "meh, better elsewhere", the Nando's fans always seem to try and persuade you to go for Nando's the next time, and the time after, and the time after that... It's like finding yourself with an elder for the Restaurant of Latter Day Saints at times.

:lol:

What a sad, sad man.

Isn't your stance on this a tad ironic when you have Liam Gallagher in your display pic? Don't get me wrong I like Oasis, but they are pretty much the Nando's of music.

Incredibly popular with many people brainlessly loving them to fit in, with a smaller group of genuine fans who actually like them for what they are. Then there's an equally large group of people with a raging stauner for them because they're so popular, writing off everything they've done when they've heard three of their songs (not a great analaogy as in this comparison you've heard none of them).

If you took the same stance to music as you do with everything else you'd be someone who rants about bands like Oasis, barking at everyone who liked Noel Gallagher's solo album as an inferior idiot despite never listening to it.

... and it's because of folk like this that we have this thread. Even in everyday conversation, somebody (usually in the majority) will eventually give their honest opinion that Nando's is nothing special and overpriced for what it is and be met by such a response. Hits the nail on the head that it's not so much the restaurant but it's deluded fan club which is responsible for the 'hate'.

Eta: from personal experience, even if we've been before and people have said it was "meh, better elsewhere", the Nando's fans always seem to try and persuade you to go for Nando's the next time, and the time after, and the time after that... It's like finding yourself with an elder for the Restaurant of Latter Day Saints at times.

Maybe he (and the people you refer to in your post) genuinely just like Nando's?

I think everyone should be entitled to like whatever they want, popular or not. Lot's of unknowing hipsters on this thread.

Maybe he (and the people you refer to in your post) genuinely just like Nando's?

I think everyone should be entitled to like whatever they want, popular or not. Lot's of unknowing hipsters on this thread.

And that's fair enough, but it's undoubtedly the love for going on about how f***ing brilliant it is (unprompted outwith this thread) which is what pisses many folk off. Even if it was a premium product they were raving about, it would still be annoying. As for the price, from what I see here it's not so much that £8 is too expensive for a meal but more that your £8 can be better spent out there.

This is a genuine work type chat:

"Right, lunch... Where are we going?"

"Anyone fancy a Nando's?"

"Not really, where else is there"

"Awwww... Why not Nando's? What's wrong with that?"

"It's just not that great and the variety is pants. How about [insert other establishment]?"

[everyone else is in agreement]

"But we've not been to Nando's for ages and it's really good!"

Cue "Dougal, we are not watching Aliens!!!" moment

Only with Nando's! Not any of the other equally bland chain restaurants, just Nando's. The new chain funnily enough. Part of me thinks it's because we were stuck with the same bunch of leisure park chains for years and the novelty of a new one has yet to be lost after years of McDs, F&Bs, Pizza Hut etc being the only options for many. I always remember my mum insisting that we went to KFC whenever I was down seeing her when one opened 'near' her. She'd actually drive past everywhere else in Dunfermline to get to the leisure park at Halbeath. I don't think she's been for ages now that the novelty is gone... and thank f*** too. Nando's is admittedly better!

That if you moan about the price you're a peasant? If you're moaning at paying 8 quid for a burger and two sides then you're tight to be honest. This thread is full of people calling people that go to Nandos "mouth breathers" I'm well within my rights to call these peasants out on being peasants. Judging people on the restaurants they go to is arrogant beyond belief. Especially no mates Jama who hasn't even been.

Your peasant banter is cringey chief.

Nandos is expensive for what it is - not expensive per se. Most folk like to get value for money and to call them peasants only makes you look like a w****r.

Archived