Nando's...why the hate?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only been once. The food isn't bad, but my main gripe with it was that the portion was too small and like someone else said there isn't exactly a good variety of meals on offer. Got a chicken burger and chips and there were hardly any chips on the plate. My drink was also mediocre.

So aye, wouldn't go back. Nearly £10 for what I got was taking the piss.

I'm not a huge fan but that's not because I'm 'too good for Nandos', I love spice but there's something in their sauces that doesn't quite fit with me. I'll go occasionally because Mrs Root really loves the halloumi mushroom burgers. As others have said, if you don't like it don't go but to have a go at people who do is a bit pointless, All the talk about fast food restaurants being crap and people not setting foot in them is laughable, I don't exactly like McDonalds as a company but its great for a hangover or a quick scran when you're out on the lash. People who get that passionate about restaurant chains probably just need to grow up a bit. Do you rage about Tesco's as well ?

Personally I'd put it in the same category as Pizza hut which for me is above Macky D's but below the Frankie and Benny's of this world. If I could I would only be eating in nice award winning curry houses and restaurants but sometimes you just want to eat crap, these places must be doing something right though, they seem to be cropping up everywhere.

I'd probably give it a 4 or 5 out of 10. The creamy mash is fantastic, I find the chicken to be pretty poor and I'm not a huge fan of the sauce.

From what's been mentioned already, I'd go: Frankie & Benny's > Pizza Hut > KFC > Burger King > Subway > Nando's > McDonalds.

Never had a Pinto's.

I'm sorry but you have literally no credibility in an argument if you've never tried the thing you're slating.

I don't know anyone who loves it or raves about it - for me it is what it is - a relatively priced simple enough meal that would suffice any day of the week. i have probably had about 4 of them in the past year and found it to be adequate every time, i don't see anything threatening about it at all and can't believe people out there actually hate it

Sorry, but, people hate Nandos for a reason. That's why a thread was made specifically about Nandos restaurants and why we hate them. I don't need to go inside one to know it's shite - it's hyped up 95% of the time by people who also happen to be utter cretins. Says it all.

Mrs Aggro is on at me about Pinto's, in much the same way Nando's got the 'youjustgottatry' treatment. Went to.go.once, but i jus didnt fancy (this again) much due to a lack of variety, which resulted in a trip to Las Iguanas instead, and it's never come up again.

Glad I started this thread.

I must move in the wrong circles as I have never heard anyone rave about it, also never seen the tattoo/vest brigade leaving their dobermans at the door before they go for a bite to eat.

amusing as f**k that someone hates and has never tried it :lol: sounds like a bandwagon jumper.

Christ no - horrible places selling horrible food. If you've never read Fast Food Nation then I can understand why you eat in these sort of places but if you know anything about the practices of these groups you'll know why the intelligentsia like myself wouldnt be seen dead anywhere near them.

Good stuff, I'll just put you under the "utter weapon" posters section.

I'd probably give it a 4 or 5 out of 10. The creamy mash is fantastic, I find the chicken to be pretty poor and I'm not a huge fan of the sauce.

From what's been mentioned already, I'd go: Frankie & Benny's > Pizza Hut > KFC > Burger King > Subway > Nando's > McDonalds.

Never had a Pinto's.

Nando's may be dear but Frankie & Benny's is ridiculous for what you get. Around here I can think of a few independent pubs that serve well-cooked food for way less than F&Bs - and the scran is much superior.

Sad no one mentioned Yo Sushi. Where is P&B's enthusiasm for cold, wet, raw fish?

It's okay, nothing particularly special and you can make better (tastier but not as cheeky) chicken from the comfort of your own kitchen. I've never quite understood why people rave about it. "Meh" probably sums it up the best.

Seeing as DonnieDarko/SweeperDee/KeeperDee (what ever username it is now) brought up Subway, that's one place I've really gone off. A few years ago I'd love a Subway but I find it quite unappealing now. I'm not a big fan of any chain fast food place really, and won't get anything unless I'm very hungry and there's no alternative nearby.

Edit: Hark Rock Cafe is probably the main chain "restaurant" I really like. Dem burgers yo.

Sorry, but, people hate Nandos for a reason. That's why a thread was made specifically about Nandos restaurants and why we hate them. I don't need to go inside one to know it's shite - it's hyped up 95% of the time by people who also happen to be utter cretins. Says it all.

Yeah, buddy- no matter how many times you say it, you're not winning this argument.

Not really"amusing as f**k" tbh.

I've never eaten my own shit but I still know I'd hate it. Same thing.

You have clearly joined this forum with an anti nando's agenda and i suggest you wind your neck in

You have clearly joined this forum with an anti nando's agenda and i suggest you wind your neck in

I think he facies himself as a bit of a hipster, he probably like it before it was Nando's.

Yeah, buddy- no matter how many times you say it, you're not winning this argument.

Fine then. I'll just take myself to the "Pizza Hut/Burger King/McDonalds/Subway/KFC...why the hate?" threads, and complain about them.

Oh.

Shut the f**k up throbber

Archived