Nando's...why the hate?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The f**k can a chicken restaurant be so divisive? 7 page bitch-fest.

I've not seen such tense chicken related drama since Johnny called Mark a chicken at Johnny's birthday party in The Room.

Here, what's Cosmo like?

Awesome

This. Cracking value for what you get.

If you are going for the first time, make sure your first is the dinner and not the lunch. Even though the lunch is still decent value, you get nowhere near as many of the options.

Nandos is fucking brilliant. I go at least once a week, even if that is a quick takeaway on my way home from work.

Double burger, three wings, peri chips, rice and houmous if I'm going all out. Fantastic. People that complain about the price are quite blatantly peasants.

They do takeaway?

That if you moan about the price you're a peasant? If you're moaning at paying 8 quid for a burger and two sides then you're tight to be honest. This thread is full of people calling people that go to Nandos "mouth breathers" I'm well within my rights to call these peasants out on being peasants. Judging people on the restaurants they go to is arrogant beyond belief.

Calling folk peasants over something they've not actually said because you struggle to grasp the difference between cost and value for money isn't much better tbf.

LOL, that famous reem boy trend that's sweeping the nation.

I can't walk down the street without seeing one of the twats, strutting about with a hair cut like Phil from Rugrats, chinos pulled down by their arse and a Rhianna T-shirt that doesn't fit them.

Perhaps I'm an arsehole for completely ignoring anything these people tell me is brilliant, but I'm cool with that.

"Nandos is over priced shite." Seems pretty clear what they are saying.

Aye, that Nando's is over-priced and poor value for money. There's absolutely nothing there to suggest that he would refuse to fork out £8 (or more) for a decent burger and chips in a pub. A billionaire could easily say the same (probably more likely to actually) so peasantry claims are totally unfounded from that.

You could argue that he's never had and so has no right to comment but I've had two or three Nando's and would agree with him. I maybe wouldn't use the word 'shite' as such, but it's fairly lousy chicken imo.

In summary: I see Nando's as just another chain restaurant, approaching fast food levels. It's not really any better but probably because it's relatively new, different to the stuff we've put up for years and people can actually afford it on a weekly basis, it's being hailed as something superior which everyone should do... and if you don't, well, then there's something wrong and you need converted. Failure to comply with the latest fad will result in you being called a snob or unfashionable. Non-fans and those just indifferent don't like this situation, call Nando's fans up on it, vicious cycle begins...

Very generalised of course.

Isn't your stance on this a tad ironic when you have Liam Gallagher in your display pic? Don't get me wrong I like Oasis, but they are pretty much the Nando's of music.

Incredibly popular with many people brainlessly loving them to fit in, with a smaller group of genuine fans who actually like them for what they are. Then there's an equally large group of people with a raging stauner for them because they're so popular, writing off everything they've done when they've heard three of their songs (not a great analaogy as in this comparison you've heard none of them).

If you took the same stance to music as you do with everything else you'd be someone who rants about bands like Oasis, barking at everyone who liked Noel Gallagher's solo album as an inferior idiot despite never listening to it.

Man, if Oasis were the Nandos of music I wouldn't listen to them.

You could use other different artists in your comparison anyway, Calvin Harris for example.

I love chicken but I've never been tempted to go for a Nandos. I think its partly to do with the amount of footballers that go on about it, especially guys like Dougie Imrie. Puts me off.

Also the fact that it is so hyped I would be expecting something pretty special and it probably won't match my expectation and value for money.

I've tried Nando's, it's nice chicken although a bit overpriced.

It polarises people because it's currently a fashionable place to go. Some like that, some hate that. Also, twitter has a lot to answer for in the respect that footballers are always hashtagging it, which elicits seething reactions from some.

Nando's has it's place like any fast food, it's not a place I would go for fine dining or if I was wanting to impress someone, but for a pre cinema or post no booze shopping trip with the Mrs it ticks the box.

I can say that I've never bought into the hype about it and as much as I enjoy the odd Nando's if they were to close tomorrow I wouldn't be overly fussed.

Man, if Oasis were the Nandos of music I wouldn't listen to them.

You could use other different artists in your comparison anyway, Calvin Harris for example.

I only listen to music nobody has heard yet, but then I'm one very cool customer. :lol:

Archived