Dunfermline v's Raith Rovers. Tropic Thunder.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought you had a superior surface for your technically superior team?

Diddy club in the diddy league.

Central park surface is magnificent. Even been widened to suit our ball players.

Hahaha brill made my weekend

So what's basically being said here is "Haha! It rained a lot!".

Come on, surely you have better efforts than that?

Very hard to argue with the ref.

Presumably Dunfermline have been watering the pitch quite heavily, with all the sun recently, and it just couldn't cope with an absolute deluge. Maybe if we'd had the same amount of water over half an hour or so it would've been fine, but that ten or fifteen minutes gave it no chance to drain away before it was absolutely saturated.

It's shite, but I'm not sure anyone is particularly to blame.

Pity, but obviously the right decision.

Hard luck on the ground staff, been working on it all summer - at 2pm it was a baking summer's day, by 3pm their goalmouths were a mess and they've not even played yet.

Very hard to argue with the ref.

Presumably Dunfermline have been watering the pitch quite heavily, with all the sun recently, and it just couldn't cope with an absolute deluge. Maybe if we'd had the same amount of water over half an hour or so it would've been fine, but that ten or fifteen minutes gave it no chance to drain away before it was absolutely saturated.

It's shite, but I'm not sure anyone is particularly to blame.

Pretty much this. If you take it to the most basic level, it's simple maths, i.e. too much water to drain off and evaporate in that time.

Big thanks to the DAFC ground staff who put in a tremendous effort to clear the pitch which looked superb before the rain came on. Bit gutted it got called off but at the end of the day it was the right decision.

Diddy Fife kants.

Shite toon tae

Outside.

Also for your information a new 99p shop opened a couple of weeks ago, meaning that there are two Pound Shops (The Pound Shop and Poundland) and a 99p show. The 99p shop opened almost directly opposite The Pound Shop so The Pound Shop reduced prices to 97p, resulting in the 99p shop reducing their prices to 95p.

So who's got the shite town now eh....

And according to a Dunfermline fan, there is no such thing as bad weather...

Not quite what I said. However I love shit the storm earlier. It had unfortunate consequences for the game, but I didn't think it was 'bad' weather.

Archived