Best chippy/chipper in Scotland

The Tailend on Leith Walk or Giovanni's at Northfield.

Outside the capital it'd have to be Benny T's just along from Falkirks ground.

Just a shame Greenock Morton aren't in the First Division this year because I remember last time Hibs were relegated there was a tidy chippy at the back off the away end

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ETA: Benny T's in Falkirk is pretty good, as is Corvi's in Bo'ness. Can't say I've got a chippy from that's truly blew me away yet though.

Any recommendations within a reasonable distance of Falkirk?

Corvi's was one of the few decent things about Bo'ness when I lived there, a cracking chippy. Never went to Benny T's, but have heard a lot of good things about it, I usually went to the Golden Bird for a chippy when I lived in Falkirk.

The Tailend on Leith Walk or Giovanni's at Northfield.

Outside the capital it'd have to be Benny T's just along from Falkirks ground.

Just a shame Greenock Morton aren't in the First Division this year because I remember last time Hibs were relegated there was a tidy chippy at the back off the away end

I've only been in there once or twice, but it's pretty fucking braw. Giuiliano's is the cheap and cheerful option, and the Mermaid is alright, I suppose. Deep Sea seems to be the 'everywhere else is shut' option, or at least it was the only time I ended up in it.

You're not getting the chipper though. You're getting his/her chips. At the chippy.

And what about when you go to the butcher or baker? You don't exactly take him/her home either, do you?

The Thistle in Falkirk is never bad.

Their is a cracking wee chippy next door to the salsa bar in the Grassmarket.

Got a supper fae there Saturday night and wolfed it.

My fingers could barely get out the way.

Best I've ever been to in Scotland is the Hornblower in Gourdon, near Inverbervie. Absolutely excellent. Bervie chipper is great, but it's worth the extra couple of miles to head to Gourdon.

I stopped into the Bervie chipper on the way back from Aberdeen with a couple of workmates the other day, my tea was waiting for me at home so I had to sit through a few torturous minutes next to them while they scoffed their fish suppers.

Will have to keep the Hornblower in mind for another day.

It's definitely 'chippy' in Inverness.

If you can find a decent one in Inverness will you point it out to me?

Although having said that the Snowgoose offers a giant haddock with chips, mushy peas and tartare sauce for £7.50 - not much more than you would pay for a fish supper from a chippy.

Decent selection of beers in there too.

Archived