Exam results

Slept in so just got them there.

Nat 5 History- A

Nat 5 English - A

Nat 5 Music - A

Nat 5 French - A

Nat 5 Modern Studies- B

Nat 5 Maths- C

I got an A in the Modern Studies prelim so f**k it I'm claiming an A there as well. Will have to repeat N5 Maths in 5th year though.

I've no idea how Nat.5 compares to Standard Grade....but that many A's must be a good thing! Well in wee man - feels good finally being able to call someone that as one of P&B's elder results receivers 8)

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wee brother Hibsed his highers cementing my state as the favourite child #pleasing

Mine thought his prelims were the real deal. Came home one day and asked what the point in going back to school for the rest of the year was.

On the other hand, my mum asked me "should you not have prelims or something like that coming up?" to which I coolly replied "already done them". B)

Slept in so just got them there.

Nat 5 History- A

Nat 5 English - A

Nat 5 Music - A

Nat 5 French - A

Nat 5 Modern Studies- B

Nat 5 Maths- C

I got an A in the Modern Studies prelim so f**k it I'm claiming an A there as well. Will have to repeat N5 Maths in 5th year though.

You're only 16? f**k me.

Would have thought you were late twenties at least.

I've no idea how Nat.5 compares to Standard Grade....but that many A's must be a good thing! Well in wee man - feels good finally being able to call someone that as one of P&B's elder results receivers 8)

I never done standard grades but I think they're kind of the same but a D is now a pass

Why does everyone seem to have a different amount of subjects in their N5 results? I'm pretty sure at SG you had to take 8 classes, the highest I've seen is 7 so far.

You do 8 subjects but N4 doesn't have an exam.

Cheers, you as well! I think they're roughly equivalent to Standards.

You're only 16? f**k me.

Would have thought you were late twenties at least.

:lol:

I never done standard grades but I think they're kind of the same but a D is now a pass

A 6 was classed as a pass at Standard Grade, making it a D only seems fair :lol:

Cheers, you as well! I think they're roughly equivalent to Standards.

Thanks, lad :)

Aye they probably are, we had to do 4 papers for some subjects though in the good ol' days :lol: Our's was therefore much harder.

I still remember being genuinely ^^^ verge of tears getting my 6th year results.

Had extremely straightforward conditionals which I didn't achieve due to complacently fucking around all year and playing table tennis in the common room all day, every day. One of the worst feelings I've ever experienced.

Then I checked and my number 1 choice had let me in anyway #baller #worthit #PHDintabletennis #dece

Same happened to me, i spent the whole day being a miserable fud then randomly checked my emails at night to find out i'd been let in anyway

I see. I take it N4 is equivalent to General? Is taking a science still compulsory?

I think so. I didn't quite understand the Standard Grade levels. Taking a science is (sadly) still compulsory. English and Maths are too as well as a social subject (History, Geography andModern Studies).

I think so. I didn't quite understand the Standard Grade levels.

You chose 8 subjects which you'd study for two years over 3rd and 4th year. Exams at the end of 4th.

Grades 1-2 were classed as credit (or SCQF5, normally the requirement for progression onto Higher in that subject). 3-4 classed as General (SCQF4) and 5-6 being 'foondy', or Foundation (SCQF3). 7 was an all out fail, but probable badge of honour for some.

You had the occasional end of module test throughout the two years but these had no real effect on your overall grade. Instead they were used as a guide for teachers to see whether you should be sitting the credit, general or foundation papers in the 4th year exams proper.

-----------

When it came to choices, this involved picking a subject from 8 'columns' containing various subjects (probably varied slightly by school):

Subjects 1 & 2: English & Maths. Non-negotiable.

Subject 3: A science from Chemistry / Physics / Biology.

Subject 4: A social subject from Geography / Modern Studies / History / RE.

Subject 5: A practical subject from Art / Music / PE.

Subject 6: A language from French / German.

Subject 7: A technical subject from Computing / Admin / Craft & Design / Housewife Studies / Whatever 'Techy' stood for.

Subject 8: Any other you wanted from columns 3-7 (as long as the time-tabling worked out of course), hence I did both Chemistry and Physics, because sciences rule.

Archived