Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I'm surprised nobody has said anything about Derek Fergusons comments last night yet, now that's something worth moaning about!!!

I liked the bit where he suggested Celtic should have put a bid in for Jack Wilshere.  This is the Jack Wilshere who is on £90k a week at Arsenal, and the reason he's off to Bournemouth rather than Roma is because they were prepared to cover all £90k of it.

5 hours ago, Forfinn said:

I liked the bit where he suggested Celtic should have put a bid in for Jack Wilshere.  This is the Jack Wilshere who is on £90k a week at Arsenal, and the reason he's off to Bournemouth rather than Roma is because they were prepared to cover all £90k of it.

Just about covers the utter delusion of folk up here in the media when it comes to the OF.

4 hours ago, Firhill Road said:

Peter Houston twice stating that he hopes Scotland's hopes of qualifying come to 'fruitition'.

So thick it's offensive.

The idiot also said that Nicky Clark had already scored a lot of goals for in the Championship for Queens.

He didn't.  He was shite for us in the Championship, but got lots of goals during our one recent season in the third tier.

7 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

:lol:

I nearly smashed my radio up every time I heard 'Houstie' talk about Falkirk trying to gain promotion to the SPFL.

I know that there are more important things in life, but that type of thing drives me insane. Why the Hell can't someone who actually works in the industry sort such things out. 

Why doesn't someone point it out to the dozy sod? There seems to be some weird deference in play.

Peter Houston twice stating that he hopes Scotland's hopes of qualifying come to 'fruitition'.

So thick it's offensive.

Thank god someone noticed this.

I chuckled the first time he said it then nearly drove off the road laughing when he repeated it [emoji1]

On 1 September 2016 at 14:37, Forfinn said:

Actually it's more to do with the fact that 1. Wilshire is separated from the mother of his kids and he only gets limited access to them, and 2. Roma wouldn't guarantee him a start.  Roma were willing to pay a £4million loan fee, which is far more than Bournemouth will be contributing.  Source: Guardian Football Weekly podcast.

Either way, the idea of Celtic bidding for him is laughable. Derek Ferguson isn't a journalist though.  He's just a moron with a microphone who gets paid to express his "views".  What was far worse was the Daily Record running a "Celtic linked with Xavi" story, which was no less ridiculous.