Sportsound Watch

Not really, it's more the fact the exact same shite about Hibs having a "top six squad" was spouted last season, yet they could only stumble past the most out of form team in the country.

As I say, McGinn and an in-form Cummings aside, they have an average side.

Average in comparison to what or who? St Johnstone?

Aside from... can't even think of anybody... St Johnstone are also an average side yet look how well you do in the Premiership.

If Hibs squad and team is average you can't rate a lot of the Premiership teams very highly.

Ultimately it simply depends on how you classify things. Hibs post the 4th or 5th best crowds, and outside OF only Hibs and Hearts have won more than 1 cup in the last 20yrs.

Equally Hibs have spent 4 of last 20yrs outside the top tier; only finished Top 6 on 7 occasions from 14; and have only won 1 European tie since the 1980s (v Dinaburg in Intertoto).

14 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Ultimately it simply depends on how you classify things. Hibs post the 4th or 5th best crowds, and outside OF only Hibs and Hearts have won more than 1 cup in the last 20yrs.

Equally Hibs have spent 4 of last 20yrs outside the top tier; only finished Top 6 on 7 occasions from 14; and have only won 1 European tie since the 1980s (v Dinaburg in Intertoto).

Hence my post earlier.

This whole 'big club/small club' argument is totally subjective and in reality very boring.  You will never find a definitive answer and even if you did it would mean absolutely nothing.

Why it consumes so much time in the eyes of football fans I have no idea.  Just focus on what's happening on the pitch.

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This whole 'big club/small club' argument is totally subjective and in reality very boring.  You will never find a definitive answer and even if you did it would mean absolutely nothing.

Indeed. The only true measurement is results.  And at the moment, Hibs and United aren't Premiership.

Size of stadium argument makes Queens Park one of the biggest clubs in Scotland.

Trophies won in the past makes Third Lanark one of the biggest sides.

Average attendance makes Falkirk the seventh biggest club in the country.

Every measure is hilariously wrong.

Hibs have got a very good Championship side. They do not have a Premiership-quality side because they are not in the Premiership. If/when they get promoted the discussion can happen. At the moment, all we can say is they have a very strong side in the league they are in.

They also have a lot of fans. The players on the park, however, couldn't beat Falkirk last year and the New Rangers the year before in the play-offs. They are a Championship side and will remain so until they have proven their merit by winning either the league or the play-off.

Someone should write down how this works and publish it somewhere...

You're a bit of a child eh? This stuff really matters to you.

You're the one adding absolutely nothing but snide smartarse remarks to the conversation to be fair, not me. A lol is all you've deserved with your contributions.

And no it doesn't matter, it's just frustrating to constantly read people misunderstand what pundits are saying in regards to Hibs/Hearts and Rangers when they've been in the championship.

Everyone realises how competition works and why clubs are where they are. And it's nothing to do with club size.

You can also have a Premiership quality team without actually being in that league, by the way.

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You're the one adding absolutely nothing but snide smartarse remarks to the conversation to be fair, not me. A lol is all you've deserved with your contributions.

And no it doesn't matter, it's just frustrating to constantly read people misunderstand what pundits are saying in regards to Hibs/Hearts and Rangers when they've been in the championship.

Everyone realises how competition works and why clubs are where they are. And it's nothing to do with club size.

You can also have a Premiership quality team without actually being in that league, by the way.

24afaa8ca18e11748e5b048bed2e5c60.jpg 

The Celtic supporting Angus sex pest strikes again.

Strikes again must mean dishing out telts I'm guessing?

And that's also a good point, I can only imagine the hysteria this would've caused if it was Celtic I was defending, but because it's a non OF team there's no 1875Lichtie shouts. Found myself on this position a few times now, sticking up for certain clubs yet never hit with the same shite.

Shows how OF obsessed some people are I suppose...