Sportsound Watch

The size of club argument is pointless and meaningless. You're still a buffoon.

It's not because that's why people are taking offence at pundits saying Hibs are a Premiership team. It's nothing to do with the club it's to do with the players they have there.

What nonsense. What qualifies them as the "6th biggest club" btw?

On you go then.

Top 10 clubs by size in Scotland in order??

Celtic
Rangers
Hearts
Aberdeen
Hibs
Dundee United
Dundee

Would definitely be my top 7, unsure after that, I'd like to see your list to see if United would be lower down than that.

3 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Hanlon and Stevenson. Cummings was a 18 year bit part player back then. 

Is that really it? I thought the likes of Fontaine etc were with you lads then but you'll know better obviously.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hibs squad isn't even that good, most are Championship level at best, except McGinn and possibly Cummings. We played them last season in the midst of a three month winless run and it took a penalty for them to win.

Are you bragging about getting beat here? 

Just now, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Stanton Harris Handling ect don't get game time, it's a completely different team.

Having Shinniesta should be enough to secure promotion TBF :wub:

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

Having Shinniesta should be enough to secure promotion TBF :wub:

Been a bit disappointing tbh he's got something about him but we've not seen the best of him so far. Been some people getting on his back at ER but I think he's decent. 

He should get to play as a proper 10 now Commons is away and and McGinn is fit.

6 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Been a bit disappointing tbh he's got something about him but we've not seen the best of him so far. Been some people getting on his back at ER but I think he's decent. 

He should get to play as a proper 10 now Commons is away and and McGinn is fit.

Absolutely his best role. He excelled there for us. I'd probably kill someone to have him back at ICT but that won't be happening any time soon especially the direction we're going in.

30 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

On you go then.

Celtic
Rangers
Hearts
Aberdeen
Hibs
Dundee United
Dundee

Would definitely be my top 7, unsure after that, I'd like to see your list to see if United would be lower down than that.

If you are only going by attendances fair enough but in every other respect the Dons are a far bigger club than hearts.

If you are only going by attendances fair enough but in every other respect the Dons are a far bigger club than hearts.

Totally understand that, obviously room for changing the order, some will think Rangers are bigger than Celtic, some Hibs bigger than Hearts too probably.

Think they're definitely the 6/7 biggest clubs though I can't think of anyone from outwith the clubs mentioned that should be there.

I was just trying to reply to Standfree being a smart arse by asking why I had United down as the 6th biggest club or what qualified them for that, I'm sure the majority would agree and if they didn't they'd surely not be that much further down.

Again, so what? Squabbling over crowds whilst our product gets worse and our national team is in free fall.

It's nothing to do with my original point and I've went way off tangent in replying to other points raised.

I've actually agreed with nearly everything posted by yourself, The Scarf, Deej, Dunning etc. I just think you lads are misunderstanding what a lot of pundits are saying.

Guys like Strachan saying that deserve to be ridiculed and criticised but last night McCall and Ferguson both said they were a Premiership team because of the squad and players specifically.

They never said anything about the size of Hibs as a club, this happens a lot yet a lot of people seem to take it the wrong way and it's frustrating. Happened with Hearts and it happened with Sevco too.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

On you go then.

Celtic
Rangers
Hearts
Aberdeen
Hibs
Dundee United
Dundee

Celtic
Aberdeen
Hearts
Ross County
Dundee FC
Inverness CT
St Johnstone
Motherwell
Hamilton
Partick Thistle

I think this can be boiled down to a few things:

- the term 'big club' is a totally subjective thing that has been manufactured into some sort of title in the modern game by tv companies who boil the size of a club down to viewing figures they attract on tv/attendances etc, they have no relevance whatsoever in a sporting context.

- no club 'should' be somewhere based on attendances, history or any of that nonsense, again only sky sports and its hangers on (or media figures in Glasgow who are desperate for Celtic and Rangers to be relevant on a global stage) would have you believe that

- I agree with Lichtie that Hibs have a squad that is certainly capable of competing in the Premiership, I would stop short of saying comfortably top 6 though, I think there is a fair few average at best players in and among some decent premiership quality ones.

- Anyone who's enjoyment of football is reduced because the stand behind the goal isn't packed with people probably needs to question why it is they watch football, if it's for noise and colour then you're probably a simpleton.

11 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Again.

What does the past have to do with anything here? Talking about the current manager, squad and players.

Unsurprising that the manager is the first thing you list. Poor attempt to throw some other factors in considering 'squad' and 'players' are the same thing.

It's because good old Lenny is in charge isn't it. 'He's the manager, they must be a top premier side!!!'

RandomGuy would have been salivating at the notification he'd been quoted here. Alas, it's not the bite he was looking for.

Not really, it's more the fact the exact same shite about Hibs having a "top six squad" was spouted last season, yet they could only stumble past the most out of form team in the country.

As I say, McGinn and an in-form Cummings aside, they have an average side.