Sportsound Watch

On Wednesday, February 08, 2017 at 14:21, Dubford don said:

Honestly don't think mcinnes would go there despite playing for the former occupants of ibrox.To leave the security of being in charge of a stable club where he is well respected and liked by the board,players and fans to join an absolute basket case of a club which could go tits up again at any time just doesn't make sense.

I agree with the logic 100% but I watched for 5 years as manager after manager took the Hearts job whilst Romanov was running the show with a standard 10 month lifespan.

People say footballers aren't the brightest.  When they become managers they seem to lose what brains they had left

2 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I agree with the logic 100% but I watched for 5 years as manager after manager took the Hearts job whilst Romanov was running the show with a standard 10 month lifespan.

People say footballers aren't the brightest.  When they become managers they seem to lose what brains they had left

True but how many of those managers were employed at the time.I really think sevco will struggle to tempt any manager currently employed to join their circus.

Sevco will get a manager in the same way as any club gets a manager. By paying them money. If they offer McInnes more money than he's on at Aberdeen, he'll probably go.

Managers take daft jobs all the time. $$$$$$$$$

6 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Sevco will get a manager in the same way as any club gets a manager. By paying them money. If they offer McInnes more money than he's on at Aberdeen, he'll probably go.

Managers take daft jobs all the time. $$$$$$$$$

Indeed they do,Stubbs springs to mind a hero at hibs after winning the cup leaves for a really diddy guff side and gets binned within months.

It's a moot point with sevco though they simply can't afford to pay bread head off and then pay compensation to any other club for their boss.

2 hours ago, Dubford don said:

Indeed they do,Stubbs springs to mind a hero at hibs after winning the cup leaves for a really diddy guff side and gets binned within months.

It's a moot point with sevco though they simply can't afford to pay bread head off and then pay compensation to any other club for their boss.

They'll get the first tranche of the ST money in and use it to pay off Warburton and bring in someone new.  That will encourage the anti-Warburton doubters to buy their STs.  They'll sell as many tickets as they did this season but they'll be broke again that wee bit sooner.

Just listened to the episode with Spence, McCall and Ferguson and I have to say it's one of the better episodes 'with some sense' I've listened to in a while. I'm a fan of Spiers and English so cringe when I don't see them involved but Spence made good points as did McCall. Ferguson also seemed a tad smarter next to these lads. Hopefully that means no more Locke, Boyd, or B. Brown in the future as they are cronic.

Some of the drivel I heard today;

1. Pat Bonner forgetting Dembele had already scored a hat-trick.

2. John Rankin forgetting Dembele's name. After commentating on him for 90 minutes.

3. Going over to hear from Barry Ferguson at the Ayr v Clyde game, cue two questions on Warburton that you could tell BF wasn't overly happy with answering. Nothing on the cup-tie. Fair play to Off the Ball for apologising and playing his comments on the match. 

The dreadful standard of Sportsound is frightening.