Sportsound Watch

17 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I've started to notice that none of the commentators will say that someone has dived. It's always 'made the most of it' or 'went down easily' or something similar

The above, and the old "waiting for any kind of contact before going down". Now pardon me if I am mistaken but I was always under the impression that in order to win a penalty you had to be fouled inside the box, not just tackled, or even brushed against. Have the rules changed ?

The above, and the old "waiting for any kind of contact before going down". Now pardon me if I am mistaken but I was always under the impression that in order to win a penalty you had to be fouled inside the box, not just tackled, or even brushed against. Have the rules changed ?

Contact isn't required for a challenge to be deemed a foul. A knee-high lunge is a foul regardless of whether the other player is caught by it or takes evasive action.

• 2 weeks later...

Daryl Broadfoot was awful on last nights show. There's absolutely no point in asking him to offer any sort of opinion on Gordon Strachan or the SFA as he'll always toe the party line much in the same way Derek Johnstone does on Radio Clyde with Rangers. 

His squirming over questions relating to Strachan's behaviour in the post-match press conference was embarrassing, as was his condescending attitude towards Div's concerns regarding fan engagement.

Edited by Hammer Jag

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Couldn't believe he brought up Mayweather V MacGregor when talking about ticket prices.

Yep. His argument seemed to be, it can't be too expensive to see Scotland at Hampden because there are different things that are even more expensive.

7 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Daryl Broadfoot was awful on last nights show. There's absolutely no point in asking him to offer any sort of opinion on Gordon Strachan or the SFA as he'll always toe the party line much in the same way Derek Johnstone does on Radio Clyde with Rangers. 

His squirming over questions relating to Strachan's behaviour in the post-match press conference was embarrassing, as was his condescending attitude towards Div's concerns regarding fan engagement.

I nearly crashed the car when he said we need to thank Brendan Rogers. 

This to this for the first time in ages last night and now i remember why i dont regularly. Maybe Daryl should be a politician rather than whatever made up job he does for the SFA and a broadcaster. It was obvious he went for the standard i know i'm on the losing side so i'll just talk louder than and over everyone else so they cant ask or reply to a question. As was evident when div was on talking about the twitter spat with reagan. And what analogies he was making about the price and entertainment was total rubbish. I've only been to hampden 3 times, Each time was over priced. 2 was for scottish semi and final. And 1 scotland match, that was for the czech republic game back in 2011 and that was 35 quid then and that was for the cheap seats right up the back. The SFA is totally out of touch with reality and the fan base. 

12 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

So why the hell do people pay it?

It's not as though Scotland have been any use whatsoever in the last 10 years.

26,000 on Monday for a crowd in a game at a crucial stage of the campaign is pretty shite, tbf. Regardless of poor opponent.

29 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

26,000 on Monday for a crowd in a game at a crucial stage of the campaign is pretty shite, tbf. Regardless of poor opponent.

And if they'd made the tickets 20 or 25 quid, they might have filled the place.  A few more ticket people, stewards and cleaners and they'd have had a full house and a bit more cash.

3 minutes ago, The DA said:

And if they'd made the tickets 20 or 25 quid, they might have filled the place.  A few more ticket people, stewards and cleaners and they'd have had a full house and a bit more cash.

They did. 

I'm a bit perplexed as the pricing structure was made clear at the start of the campaign. I don't agree with it but no idea why folk are only kicking up now about it.

They did. 
I'm a bit perplexed as the pricing structure was made clear at the start of the campaign. I don't agree with it but no idea why folk are only kicking up now about it.

People have been kicking off about it since before the previous campaign to be fair. Also when this campaigns prices were announced.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

People have been kicking off about it since before the previous campaign to be fair. Also when this campaigns prices were announced.

Fair enough. Guess I just haven't noticed it until now. Of course, I suppose Div going tonto on twitter has escalated it a wee bit.

Broadfoot is a tit. I've disliked him going right back to his weekly dimwitted, uninsightful, Old Firm bumming column in The Herald. It was like something from The Daily Record had crashlanded accidentally into what was at the time a decent paper.

He has really embarrassing taste in music too.

Broadfoot is a tit. I've disliked him going right back to his weekly dimwitted, uninsightful, Old Firm bumming column in The Herald. It was like something from The Daily Record had crashlanded accidentally into what was at the time a decent paper.

He has really embarrassing taste in music too.

He wasn't as bad ad Neil Cameron is now. The Herald rivals the Record for Rangers cheerleading nowadays