Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Did this type of situation arise when rangers were down in lower leagues?

For a lot of our games in the lower leagues we had to press f5 constantly for updates, like back to teletext days. Ok for a wee while but you wouldn't want to stay there.

When hearts n hibs came doon it improved a bit.

No reason why sportsound couldn't operate open all shouty for the lower leagues.

The fact that the BBC we all have to pay for is failing us again is appalling.

Probably one taxi trip home for Lineker or Shearer after MotD would have funded today on Radio Scotland

The money the BBC UK Sport pump into the EPL when on a day that 70+% Of Scottish senior clubs are playing can't even get Gordon and co out their beds is crap.

The fact when you have to put Scottish or Welsh or Irish into their website when looking for tables and scores but for England just put

Premier or Championship for their top leagues...

Put in English Premier or English Championship and zero comes up....

The BBC can go and use Chick Young as a dildo on Richard Gordon till they both die for their attitudes to Scottish football.

Guys like Gordon and Chick 'St Mirren' Young- Stand up for all Scottish football or f**k off......

1 hour ago, bennett said:

For a lot of our games in the lower leagues we had to press f5 constantly for updates, like back to teletext days. Ok for a wee while but you wouldn't want to stay there.

That's bullshit and you know it.

Every competitive Sevco game since they came into existence in 2012 has received some form of coverage on the radio, whether it be commentary, updates or Chick Young definitely not watching "Rangers" TV. 

29 minutes ago, The Master said:

That's bullshit and you know it.

Every competitive Sevco game since they came into existence in 2012 has received some form of coverage on the radio, whether it be commentary, updates or Chick Young definitely not watching "Rangers" TV. 

Not in the lower two divisions.

On 02/01/2018 at 13:25, 7-2 said:

It's purely an attitude problem. No Old Firm no party.

It really is a question of that and it's disgraceful.

I remember being enraged back in SPL days when they first took the winter break.  Rather than cover the lower leagues, they instead sent the likes of Chic Young off to the sunshine with Celtic and Rangers to cover their training sessions.

It's a situation that's got no better.

On 02/01/2018 at 15:40, MEADOWXI said:

The fact that the BBC we all have to pay for is failing us again is appalling.

Probably one taxi trip home for Lineker or Shearer after MotD would have funded today on Radio Scotland

The money the BBC UK Sport pump into the EPL when on a day that 70+% Of Scottish senior clubs are playing can't even get Gordon and co out their beds is crap.

The fact when you have to put Scottish or Welsh or Irish into their website when looking for tables and scores but for England just put

Premier or Championship for their top leagues...

Put in English Premier or English Championship and zero comes up....

The BBC can go and use Chick Young as a dildo on Richard Gordon till they both die for their attitudes to Scottish football.

Guys like Gordon and Chick 'St Mirren' Young- Stand up for all Scottish football or f**k off......

You seriously think that Chick Young or Richard Gordon have any control over when Sportsound is on and what matches they cover? Seriously?

Someone asked Tom English about it on Twitter and this was the helpful response.

That’s poor from English.

He normally tries to paint himself as a man of the diddies but showing some true colours there.

Dismissive of a license fee payer expressing a view that the national broadcaster wasn’t covering the national game.

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You seriously think that Chick Young or Richard Gordon have any control over when Sportsound is on and what matches they cover? Seriously?

The fact I was suggesting Young should be used as a dildo on Gordon should make clear exactly how serious / flippant that section was.

On 1/3/2018 at 11:02, Dons_1988 said:

That’s poor from English.

He normally tries to paint himself as a man of the diddies but showing some true colours there.

Dismissive of a license fee payer expressing a view that the national broadcaster wasn’t covering the national game.

If you follow English and others like K.Jackson they are filled with self importance. It doesn’t come across on the radio or in papers but I’ve also had a run in with him on social media about coverage on ‘provincial’ clubs about a year ago. Remember these guys are soaked in their bias for what they consider larger stories. Old Firm, Aberdeen and Capital clubs are what he is interested in. In English’s case he can be very smug and condescending and Twitter shows this of him often.

Notice on that Twitter thread link above as soon as he was taken to task by several fans and listeners he disappeared. So he didn’t agree due to his lack of respect for smaller clubs and their supporters but he couldn’t make an argument so he just doesn’t reply and probably labels that as Twitter abuse. Used to like him but gone off him this past year.

Edited by Rednyella

I never noticed the lack of coverage on Tuesday as I was away with the fairies from sitting in the pub all morning by half 2 instead of driving to the game but I hope that this isn’t going to be the case again this week?

Long drive down to Ayr and I usually love sticking OTB on and Sportsound on my drives to away games.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I never noticed the lack of coverage on Tuesday as I was away with the fairies from sitting in the pub all morning by half 2 instead of driving to the game but I hope that this isn’t going to be the case again this week?

Long drive down to Ayr and I usually love sticking OTB on and Sportsound on my drives to away games.

Full coverage on Saturday according to Tam McManus

48 minutes ago, Helpma said:

So, they'll be talking about Rangers AND Celtics winter breaks then?

Live coverage of the Celtic pool tournament.

Due to ongoing issues, they will be unable to be live from the Rangers tiddlywinks championship, but will provide regular updates.

Liam McLeod anchored the Open All Mics show on Saturday, not great. Went off piste too often and tried to show his knowledge off but a few times came a cropper. Minor stuff but the old saying is apt - better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and prove it.