Sportsound Watch

A rare chance for me to catch Sportsound this afternoon due to not making our game against Brechin. Pre match interview with Neil Lennon and they started asking him about what he thought of the OF game earlier in the day.

I just heard the McPherson contribution on the subject.  He really is simply a rambling old fool.  He prattled on endlessly about a Norway penalty, which was utterly irrelevant in the context of debate over goal line technology.  He also implied that it impacted on Scotland, which it didn't.
When he was finished, his 'point' just had to be ignored.  I've no idea why anyone thinks that inviting him on is sensible.

Not to mention his use of the term "Coloured" even after Derek Ferguson corrected him he used it 3 or 4 times.

There’s a full card of fixtures in the three lower divisions of the SPFL tomorrow afternoon, including a fair few local derbies.

Not that you’d know it based on the Radio Scotland schedule. Absolutely no Sportsound whatsoever - not even the usual evening show. 

But I supposed that’s OK so long as they continue to spend their budget on more interviews with irrelevant former Celtic and Rangers (RIP) players. 

Pretty pissed off as highlighted above. Full card elsewhere in Scotland but no Sportsound.  I'll be at Cappielow for the game but like to hear interviews and comments on the drive home. About time we demanded all license money paid by Scots is given to Scotland instead of paying Lineker's salary or better get the likes of Alex Rae, Pakkie Bonnar and Archie MacPherson to f**k and just pay for reporters instead of those clowns.

I mind being so excited as a kid when Ross County's trip to Partick Thistle was the live commentary game during the SPL's winter break. Was too young to be going to away games in Glasgow on my tod so it was perfect. Does seem shite that BBC Scotland can't even be arsed doing that anymore.

32 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Pretty pissed off as highlighted above. Full card elsewhere in Scotland but no Sportsound.  I'll be at Cappielow for the game but like to hear interviews and comments on the drive home. About time we demanded all license money paid by Scots is given to Scotland instead of paying Lineker's salary or better get the likes of Alex Rae, Pakkie Bonnar and Archie MacPherson to f**k and just pay for reporters instead of those clowns.

It's purely an attitude problem. No Old Firm no party.

There’s a full card of fixtures in the three lower divisions of the SPFL tomorrow afternoon, including a fair few local derbies.

Not that you’d know it based on the Radio Scotland schedule. Absolutely no Sportsound whatsoever - not even the usual evening show. 

But I supposed that’s OK so long as they continue to spend their budget on more interviews with irrelevant former Celtic and Rangers (RIP) players. 

Yep BBC Scotland are shite at sport. People in charge should be sacked but they’re untouchable as they’re funded by the TV licence and their complaints procedure is an absolute joke.

That said, they have an informative programme about the flu epidemic of 1918 on just now. Probably a lot more educational than listening to Bonner, Ferguson, that turd Chick and the likes slavering on about the Old Firm while giving the odd update on the scores.

Changed over hoping for Sportsound there.

Disappointing. I had thought they'd be covering the Renfrewshire derby at the very least. But nope, obviously not. Can you imagine 5Live doing this if there was a full EFL fixture card? Not a chance. They'd be all over Burton against Preston.

Did this type of situation arise when rangers were down in lower leagues?
They played Alloa during an International break, not sure what happened there.

8 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Changed over hoping for Sportsound there.

Disappointing. I had thought they'd be covering the Renfrewshire derby at the very least. But nope, obviously not. Can you imagine 5Live doing this if there was a full EFL fixture card? Not a chance. They'd be all over Burton against Preston.

Easter Monday tends to be a day with a full EFL card and not PL. 

On Easter Monday 2009 (the last year covered by BBC Genome), there was full coverage from the English Championship in the afternoon. 

http://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/0f2d72d1ce93401ab9fab056c645b2c4