Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, shull said:

Manchester City v Bristol City score was reported on Radio Scotland Sports News this morning. 

Why ? 

ICT v Falkirk was ignored. 

That’s Radio North Britain for you.

Open all mics on a Saturday is terrible for this. Richard Gordon constantly screeching about the Newcastle or Bournemouth score.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

The Terrace focus mostly on the Premiership up here and still give Celtic and Rangers plenty focus.

Aye I thought this too. Had heard a lot about The Terrace so tried a few episodes but it was far too Celtic and Sevco centric.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye I thought this too. Had heard a lot about The Terrace so tried a few episodes but it was far too Celtic and Sevco centric.

Focusing too much on the Premiership at the expense of lower leagues is a reasonable criticism - though they still give them far more coverage than Sportsound - but not that they talk too much about the OF within it.

Barring midweeks where Celtic have played in Europe, when spending more time on them is understandable, I don't think they tend to devote any more time to those two than they do the other ten. They might at times go off on one and discuss one team for 10 minutes where another game or team only gets two, but they're just as likely to do that with Kilmarnock or Motherwell as they are with Rangers.

Had the misfortune to listen to the discussion about Michael O'Neill today. Tom English doesn't have to do much to be the smartest guy in the conversation when Pat Bonner and Chick Young are involved.

Chick reckons Strachan should have been kept on and when trying to offer any argument against O'Neill just became a stammering mess desperately searching for a soundbite. It was painful to listen to.

It's worth remembering that not long ago he was proposing Jim Duffy as Scotland manager. Bonner seemed to think that Scotland are offering more money than Northern Ireland despite being told often this wasn't the case. This is probably as boring to read as it was painful to listen to but they really do need to get Chick to f**k.

One of the first things Cosgrove said on this evening's Off The Ball; "There weren't many games on today."

He also made a bizarre comment about players now are 'snowflakes' and how, among other things, we couldn't question their sexuality. Very odd as he doesn't strike me as a homophobe but the comment did basically sound a bit "WE CAN'T EVEN CALL FOLK POOFS THESE DAYS!"

One of the first things Cosgrove said on this evening's Off The Ball; "There weren't many games on today."
He also made a bizarre comment about players now are 'snowflakes' and how, among other things, we couldn't question their sexuality. Very odd as he doesn't strike me as a homophobe but the comment did basically sound a bit "WE CAN'T EVEN CALL FOLK POOFS THESE DAYS!"

To be fair the second part of off the ball today was class.