Sportsound Watch

I'm sick of McIntyre endless mention of VAR.

Look we know it's not working as it should, but in sick to the back teeth of him banging on about it.

I bet his Missus gets the same at home , is the car parked correctly, nae doubt gets the lines drawn for that,

Cutting thr grass using the lines for var

Will you stfu McIntyre you are disliked enough as it is, without you making it worse.

Too late this season but for next season can we have a VAR tally , of how many times that cretin spouts those 3 letters from his lips, 

7 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Also a wee shout out to whoever was at the Livi Dundee United game, telling us about the goals as they happened without actually saying what team had scored. You only got the players names, so if you aren’t well versed in each teams squad lists you have no hope of knowing what’s going on. Great job.

The no mention of the Albion Rovers game is awful but not in the slightest bit surprising.

Of all the things to criticise the Sportsound “reporters” for,  and they’re about a million things, that might be the one that raises my ire.    Basic information is omitted from reports. 

At one point they had an obituary for some guy to do with Morton, and they didn’t even mention his name or what his job was.  It was just an anecdote about him inviting a journalist out for dinner to discuss a transfer.  

I get that Crighton and Stewart and Bonner et al are not employed for their football acumen (more their mere willingness to do the job), but some of them couldn’t name a St Johnstone player, let alone a Ross County one or a lower league defender.  Was it Willie Miller who mocked somebody else - possibly Chic Young - for having notes on the team player, boasting that he didn’t do research?  

29 minutes ago, meadowroadsaint said:

Hopefully Bonner is gone..... Doddering eejit forgets players names, indeed , gets Teams wrong while getting paid for being shite and disrespectful to all teams bar Ra Sellic commentating but never for his beloved Celtic. Him and Yogi are the first two dinosaurs that should be punted.

P.S. Rangers scored shree.......

I'll take Hughes over Bonner any day 

Imagine Bonner & Hughes co-commentating, together on the radio :1eye

Yes, it was Miller. 

The thing about OAM is the concept has the potential to be fantastic listening, particularly at this stage of the season when almost all the games are crucial. I enjoyed listening to the scores coming in last weekend but it would have been a whole lot better if I wasn't getting annoyed at them getting the basics like saying which team had scored wrong. 

On 20/05/2023 at 23:43, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Don't listen to Sportsound much as don't usually use the car to get to games. 

I do honestly mean this in the politest way possible but why the f**k do they think we care what Richard Fosters music taste is?

Let's talk about the games. The upcoming playoffs. How they think Spartans will fair in League 2? Nope... Richard Foster discussing how he'd never heard of Black Sabbath until he met Amy Macdonald. 

At least talking about Black Sabbath is a step up on the endless chat about VAR.

15 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

You won’t have missed as much as Bonner did, that’s for sure. 

I'm always impressed that Pat remembers to breathe. Disappointed, but impressed.

Edited by forkboy

I briefly listened to Open All Mics earlier on and knew Hearts' first goal had been given courtesy of a friend watching via a stream before Open All Mics confirmed it. 

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

He’s a bit touchy when criticised. 
f**k knows what he’ll be like when managing a mid-table team in the EPL whose budget isn’t a multiple of everyone else. 

55 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Although Celtic are very much in "chill out mode". Ange is a nippy wee fat guy when questioned.

He was basically asked if he was going to improve his squad. Kicked off.

Later on he said they'll strengthen 😂

5 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

He was basically asked if he was going to improve his squad. Kicked off.

Later on he said they'll strengthen 😂

I generally don’t mind him. 
Journalists can ask some stupid questions. 
He’s often asked “what do you think about The Rangers doing ‘x’ “

And rightly, he says he couldn’t give a shit what they do, it’s an irrelevance & makes the journalist feel like a plum for the obsession about the “Rangers narrative”. 

But last night, he made a wee bit of a tit of himself. 

Generally, when faced with either the Celgers or Rantic manager, your average Scottish football 'writer' comes up with something like 'How good was that performance today, Ange/Michael?'

When the team, shock horror, doesn't actually win, said hacks tend to be confused and disoriented.

The sooner Alan Preston is binned off from Open All Mics the better. He is torture to listen to as he screams over everyone for any sort of incident, big or small. Was brilliant having Richard Gordon in the hotseat but you could tell he was getting fed up with him as well. I really enjoy the concept but it is going downhill with idiots like 'Biscuits' taking centre stage. 

1 hour ago, BrodieJ12 said:

The sooner Alan Preston is binned off from Open All Mics the better. He is torture to listen to as he screams over everyone for any sort of incident, big or small. Was brilliant having Richard Gordon in the hotseat but you could tell he was getting fed up with him as well. I really enjoy the concept but it is going downhill with idiots like 'Biscuits' taking centre stage. 

“Chance!!!!!”

“Awwww, how’s he missed?!”

And takes about 20 seconds to say who for, etc.

Genuinely had no idea what big Yogi was saying there, deep into injury time.

Jist gut a cunnecshun oan it

Mikey Stewart very excitable today

The Bench!! The Bench huz kicked aff 😆

Entertaining stuff 

Edited by Silverton End

Came out of Hampden quickly to avoid gloating OldFirmers.  Sportsound shocking as usual, especially KMaC and Bonnar. Even Paul Sheerin, presumably there to give the Caley view, was asked about Sellick and Angela Pastor Cogburn. You got the impression there had only been one team playing.