Sportsound Watch

5 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

I used to always listen to Sportsound but afraid I have now given up.  Under McIntryre it's just incredibly predictable, boring and tedious - a tabloid version of what it used to be. 

Probably won't listen again until they get a decent host.......not holding out too much hope on that happening.

Hate to tell you but a new host won't fix anything.

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The presenter doesn't decide the format.

He has a fair bit of influence over the direction of discussion though.

As it is, your central point is right.  McIntyre is not going rogue in presenting such sensationalist drivel.  It's clearly exactly how those in charge wish to see the programme developing.  I think we can trace an explicit decision to go tabloidy to several years back now.

Kenny McIntyre won't be behind that decision, but he's a significant part of its realisation.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He has a fair bit of influence over the direction of discussion though.

As it is, your central point is right.  McIntyre is not going rogue in presenting such sensationalist drivel.  It's clearly exactly how those in charge wish to see the programme developing.  I think we can trace an explicit decision to go tabloidy to several years back now.

Kenny McIntyre won't be behind that decision, but he's a significant part of its realisation.

He’s just the man chosen to implement it. It was already his role in the old iterations of the midweek podcast. The contrived arguments between Michael Stewart and whoever they could find. 

They must have some info somewhere telling them this is what a good number of people want to listen to. And maybe it is? I mean mrs browns boys I’m told is popular. Who am I to judge. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He’s just the man chosen to implement it. It was already his role in the old iterations of the midweek podcast. The contrived arguments between Michael Stewart and whoever they could find. 

They must have some info somewhere telling them this is what a good number of people want to listen to. And maybe it is? I mean mrs browns boys I’m told is popular. Who am I to judge. 

Yes, it was always his role to contrive daft confrontations.

Depressingly, it really is possible that their market research accurately tells them that this infantile nonsense is what has the greater appeal.

I've long since recognised that the world is not designed to my specifications.  It doesn't mean I can't moan about it though.

34 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, it was always his role to contrive daft confrontations.

Depressingly, it really is possible that their market research accurately tells them that this infantile nonsense is what has the greater appeal.

I've long since recognised that the world is not designed to my specifications.  It doesn't mean I can't moan about it though.

The national broadcaster - funded by taxpayers to provide a service - should be above that type of thing though. 

I appreciate I'm preaching to the choir here.

Surely they could do both? Keep a couple of midweek Scottish Football Podcast slots for Tom English and Michael Stewart to argue over whatever nonsense they've chosen that week, but keep Saturday Sportsound for giving a bit of insight into games up and down the country.

34 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

The national broadcaster - funded by taxpayers to provide a service - should be above that type of thing though. 

I appreciate I'm preaching to the choir here.

Surely they could do both? Keep a couple of midweek Scottish Football Podcast slots for Tom English and Michael Stewart to argue over whatever nonsense they've chosen that week, but keep Saturday Sportsound for giving a bit of insight into games up and down the country.

Agree with everything you say, especially the first line as they are currently pandering to the thickest of OF fans - but to do the last thing they'd need to sack almost everyone and bring in a new group of pundits.

Failing that, they could at least tell everyone at matches to make sure they always immediately state which team has scored and the score of the match when they cut in with an update.  That's the most basic thing that most of these morons seem entirely unable to do.  The anchor should also spend much more time going round the grounds than is currently happening.

Lastly, "Biscuits" should not cover Hearts games every week (or if he does, his voice should not exceed a certain pitch, say 100 Hertz of Midlothians), and he should always state "I am his agent" when talking about his own players in discussions - it's such an obvious conflict of interest that he is both a national pundit and an agent.

On 03/01/2024 at 10:42, VictorOnopko said:

Agree with everything you say, especially the first line as they are currently pandering to the thickest of OF fans - but to do the last thing they'd need to sack almost everyone and bring in a new group of pundits.

Failing that, they could at least tell everyone at matches to make sure they always immediately state which team has scored and the score of the match when they cut in with an update.  That's the most basic thing that most of these morons seem entirely unable to do.  The anchor should also spend much more time going round the grounds than is currently happening.

Lastly, "Biscuits" should not cover Hearts games every week (or if he does, his voice should not exceed a certain pitch, say 100 Hertz of Midlothians), and he should always state "I am his agent" when talking about his own players in discussions - it's such an obvious conflict of interest that he is both a national pundit and an agent.

Agree with all this. I love the concept but it is becoming unlistenable these days. Games start and they launch into yet another debate on VAR until inevitably "Biscuits" screams down the mic because Hearts have won a corner. He is unbearable. Derek Ferguson was covering the Arbroath game where the sub keeper scored from 30 yards and he didn't feel the need to wail over everyone else. 

I feel there is only one way the programme is going though and it's a shame. It should be a great way of following ALL of the games going on in Scotland that day but it is a clown show. 

Listening y'no, on the way home y'no on y'no Tuesday, after y'no our game was y'no postponed, and y'no caught a bit of the y'no commentary of the y'no St. Mirren v's y'no Celtic y'no game. Whoever y'no thought y'no Danny y'no Lennon is y'no suitable for a y'no summarised, should be y'no shot into the y'no sun.

Edited by jakedee

13 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Sportsound is the radio programme version of Hibernian.

Fucking crap and boring and any time there's replacements made it gets progressively worse. 

Unsettled Hibbie @Hoose Rice issues public January COME AND GET ME PLEA to other SPFL clubs.

Speculation is rife that the high-profile P&B poster could be tempted by a switch to Hearts, as the constant public embarrassment of being a Hibs supporter takes its toll.

Hearts are said to be unconvinced that someone with such strong Hibs links could be well-dressed enough to fit in with the rest of the support, but nothing is being ruled out in this window.

14 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Unsettled Hibbie @Hoose Rice issues public January COME AND GET ME PLEA to other SPFL clubs.

Speculation is rife that the high-profile P&B poster could be tempted by a switch to Hearts, as the constant public embarrassment of being a Hibs supporter takes its toll.

Hearts are said to be unconvinced that someone with such strong Hibs links could be well-dressed enough to fit in with the rest of the support, but nothing is being ruled out in this window.

Understandable.

image.thumb.png.839a93494ef803788abebe9deef73b77.png

19 hours ago, jakedee said:

Listening y'no, on the way home y'no on y'no Tuesday, after y'no our game was y'no postponed, and y'no caught a bit of the y'no commentary of the y'no St. Mirren v's y'no Celtic y'no game. Whoever y'no thought y'no Danny y'no Lennon is y'no suitable for a y'no summarised, should be y'no shot into the y'no sun.

He does a decent Mark McGhee impression tbf

Over half an hour in when we should be getting build-up to todays games, the show is dominated by sevcos aggrievement to not getting a penalty in a game that took place a week ago.

Total joke.