Sportsound Watch

23 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Ok put it another way, I don't think the tax payer should be paying the wages of a professional Aberdeen fan that can't be arsed doing the slightest bit of research

They already do that for that total waste of air time that is the brain void of Pat Bonner covering the Celtic games

On 18/02/2024 at 11:07, VincentGuerin said:

I'm no particular fan of Willie Miller, but I don't see the crime here.

Hoilett was played for Blackburn, QPR, Cardiff, and Reading, as well as MLS and with small clubs in Germany. There will be literally hundreds of players of that profile that none of us on here will be able to say more than "Don't know much about him but he's a ___ international". Don't really see the issue.

Does anyone one here genuinely "know much" abut him?

God forbid he actually does some research prior to the game he's being paid to cover by the national broadcaster.

11 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

No Open All Mics today? Both Radio Scotland on the Sounds app & the link on the website have got the Rangers w**k-a-thon. 

Seems they can't do OAM despite the rugger not starting til 4:45.

2 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Seems they can't do OAM despite the rugger not starting til 4:45.

I'm not sure on this but are they not contractually required to do a live game each Saturday there are matches on?

If not then aye, they absolutely should have done Open All Mics.

Edited by DA Baracus

53 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Game of the day the very close Rangers 5 Hearts 0. Great chance to have County v Livi but naa. Pathetic stuff

This actually was the game of the day though, Hearts absolutely flying and had they picked up a win they'd have been in with an outside chance of catching Rangers or Celtic.

The performances I witnessed for Hearts this season against a very poor Ross County, Hearts haven't looked that great. Shankland being the difference I suppose.

There is no chance Hearts will catch either Rangers or Celtic. I'd be well pleased if it happened, would make the league a bit more interesting, but with Rangers at home & very on form, there was only one winner in that match. Predicable as always... 

1 hour ago, Sonam said:

Game of the day the very close Rangers 5 Hearts 0. Great chance to have County v Livi but naa. Pathetic stuff

Suggesting that 1st v 3rd is not game of the day is something of a bizarre take, I must say

36 minutes ago, Sonam said:

The performances I witnessed for Hearts this season against a very poor Ross County, Hearts haven't looked that great. Shankland being the difference I suppose.

There is no chance Hearts will catch either Rangers or Celtic. I'd be well pleased if it happened, would make the league a bit more interesting, but with Rangers at home & very on form, there was only one winner in that match. Predicable as always... 

Of course it's predicabtle. Sevco and Celtic should be smashing teams every week given the ludicrous disparity in resources. That they don't is both their failure and credit to the other teams.

I imagine the both Rogers and Clement, individually, will make at least as much a week as the Hearts first team, if not more.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm not sure on this but are they not contractually required to do a live game each Saturday there are matches on?

If not then aye, they absolutely should have done Open All Mics.

When Wales v Scotland kicked off at 4.45 a few weeks ago, they had Open All Mics on 92-95FM and Rangers v Livingston online. 

But there’s no contractual obligation to provide a live commentary. There’s been many weekends when neither of the Old Firm had a Saturday 3pm, and they just had Open All Mics. 

Edited by The Master

2 hours ago, Sonam said:

Michael Stewart pathetic rant against Craig Levein. St. Johnstone's defence will probably keep them in the league. 

Goalkeeper, not defence.

18 minutes ago, The Master said:

When Wales v Scotland kicked off at 4.45 a few weeks ago, they had Open All Mics on 92-95FM and Rangers v Livingston online. 

But there’s no contractual obligation to provide a live commentary. There’s been many weekends when neither of the Old Firm had a Saturday 3pm, and they just had Open All Mics. 

Cheers. In that case there is no excuse for their usual cowardice.

The fan phone in is ridiculous as is the song selection, tho to be fair Chris Sutton picked some good tunes. I despair at how BAD Sportsound has become. I'd like more chat & interviews from the lower leagues, it's pretty much ignored.