Sportsound Watch

Put Sportsound on. Promised build up to the big game tonight, coverage of the game tonight and a discussion on the individual clubs' seasons... all I've heard for the past hour is build up for a different game at the weekend involving two completely different teams.

Have I tuned into the wrong thing?

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Put Sportsound on. Promised build up to the big game tonight, coverage of the game tonight and a discussion on the individual clubs' seasons... all I've heard for the past hour is build up for a different game at the weekend involving two completely different teams.

Was it a big big game?

36 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Are people still surprised by this?

Kenny Macintyre seemed to think that because the first Scottish Cup Final was 150 years ago, it meant this year’s was the 150th.

39 minutes ago, The Master said:

Kenny Macintyre seemed to think that because the first Scottish Cup Final was 150 years ago, it meant this year’s was the 150th.

Probably called it the 150th anniversary like how WWE called Wrestlemania 25 the 25th anniversary.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Probably called it the 150th anniversary like how WWE called Wrestlemania 25 the 25th anniversary.

No, at the start he definitely called it the “150th Scottish* Cup Final”.

*Scoddish. 

Edited by The Master

Listened to most of the game this afternoon. It wasn’t till they read out Tam Cowan’s text well after the final whistle that they grudgingly admitted it had been a shite match.

And as for bamming on with Scott Brown about a winning mentality… Brown was an absolute flat track bully. His winning mentality extended as far as being a big fish in a small pond, so he could go and get steaming 3 days before cup finals and still win them comfortably. I’m prepared to concede that may come under the umbrella of “attitude” rather than “mentality” but I still think it’s relevant. 

23 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

Listened to most of the game this afternoon. It wasn’t till they read out Tam Cowan’s text well after the final whistle that they grudgingly admitted it had been a shite match.

And as for bamming on with Scott Brown about a winning mentality… Brown was an absolute flat track bully. His winning mentality extended as far as being a big fish in a small pond, so he could go and get steaming 3 days before cup finals and still win them comfortably. I’m prepared to concede that may come under the umbrella of “attitude” rather than “mentality” but I still think it’s relevant. 

Scott Brown is quite entitled to his life choices, and staying close to family and friends while making loads of money and having an enjoyable job is absolutely fair enough.

But the way he is held up as some Scottish football great really needs to stop. Played for Celtic at the easiest time in their history to play for them, no meaningful achievements beyond Scotland, never played at a major tournament with the national team.

The fawning over him is laughable.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

IMG_0402.gif

Posted (edited)

Forgot to post when I listened to it last week, but Martin O' Neil basically telling Jonathan Sutherland to stop blowing smoke up his arse during their interview was pretty funny. 

Edited by Mr Gandosaur

On 25/05/2024 at 19:41, VincentGuerin said:

Scott Brown is quite entitled to his life choices, and staying close to family and friends while making loads of money and having an enjoyable job is absolutely fair enough.

But the way he is held up as some Scottish football great really needs to stop. Played for Celtic at the easiest time in their history to play for them, no meaningful achievements beyond Scotland, never played at a major tournament with the national team.

The fawning over him is laughable.

The whole of Celtic get it.

"Mentality monsters", as the club with £60m+ in the bank while other clubs struggle to breach £5m, and who have folk individually earning more than entire club's starting elevens, stumbles to yet another trophy.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure this has been covered before but how shite is the BBC Scottish Football podcast format. 20 minutes of ex-pros talking in cliches from their echoey bedrooms. Barely touching on a topic in 3-minute chunks interrupted by blarey trumpet music. As podcasts as a format evolve this is what we get. Pish. 

This came on as I was driving today. Guest was Colin Hendry discussing last night's Finland game... pretty much his first contribution was to say he'd left Hampden at 2-1 to get back to his hotel quicker.

wtf-is-this-john.gif

12 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

This came on as I was driving today. Guest was Colin Hendry discussing last night's Finland game... pretty much his first contribution was to say he'd left Hampden at 2-1 to get back to his hotel quicker.

wtf-is-this-john.gif

Professionals all do this. Managers watching next opponents or scouting players etc.

I've even seen it at non-league. Wee groups of coaches all chatting, then watching until about 15 to go, then seem to get beamed up somewhere.

On 28/05/2024 at 07:47, RandomGuy. said:

The whole of Celtic get it.

"Mentality monsters", as the club with £60m+ in the bank while other clubs struggle to breach £5m, and who have folk individually earning more than entire club's starting elevens, stumbles to yet another trophy.

I think it's not entirely fair on the individuals, and not cause Brown is Ayr's manager.  COVID season showed how not having the right mentality dethroned them.  

They have it easy but that brings a different mentality requirement to actually make it so.  

On 28/05/2024 at 03:36, Mr Gandosaur said:

Forgot to post when I listened to it last week, but Martin O' Neil basically telling Jonathan Sutherland to stop blowing smoke up his arse during their interview was pretty funny. 

Proof !

Please !