Sportsound Watch

According to a few of them that player Gardener was playing for Sevco again yesterday. Everyone should know that the only Gardener associated with Sevco is thick bigot Ally McCoist.

Also today apparently Demetriou was too hard to pronounce so they just called him 'Stelios'.

Sandra Brown still stealing a wage by being paid every week to follow her own team. An absolute disgrace.

At least her devastation when that bumpkin outfit's season ended yesterday was clearly audible and deliciously savoury.

1488725964412.jpg

On 3/1/2017 at 18:47, jmothecat said:

Pat Bonnar 'they play Ross County in three games time? That means there are two games they need to play, and I'm sure they will be paying attention to Ross County's results and then they will be playing them.'

Can't buy that sort of insight.

Not on The Rangers budget anyway.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

According to a few of them that player Gardener was playing for Sevco again yesterday. Everyone should know that the only Gardener associated with Sevco is thick bigot Ally McCoist.

Also today apparently Demetriou was too hard to pronounce so they just called him 'Stelios'.

In fairness I think that's what he prefers to be called - it's what he has on the back of his shirt.

Going off at a tangent but Spiers was on the radio yesterday presenting whatever the Saturday morning show is and was talking about a TV programme, except it quickly became apparent he hadn't watched it and knew nothing about as he got one of the characters or actresses wrong. Good to see it's not just football he knows f**k all about. His finest moment was when Dave King was trying to worm his way back into Rangers a couple of years ago. Spiers tried to claim that as King was being chased for a sizeable sum in tax, this must have meant he'd earned shitloads of money he could invest in Rangers :lol:

That's what St Mirren call him, his name on the team lines and I'm certain it's the name on the back of his top too.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Never knew that. However they started out calling him 'Demetriou' then actually said that it was too hard to pronounce, to which Alex Rae said to call him 'Stelios'

Obviously not a staunch enough name for him.

14 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Willie Miller will have cracked a stauner! Wee teams all out the Scottish Cup. Aberdeen v Hibs in the semis.

Looking forward to him saying that Hibs should be back in the top flight because they bring a big crowd to a semi final.

27 minutes ago, RiG said:

Looking forward to him saying that Hibs should be back in the top flight because they bring a big crowd to a semi final.

I've always wondered if there's an equivalent of Sportsound down south which offers a similar view on English football? You know, "We need big clubs like Leeds and Nottingham Forest back in the top flight rather than diddy clubs like Stoke and West Brom", that sort of thing.

3 hours ago, Stu said:

I've always wondered if there's an equivalent of Sportsound down south which offers a similar view on English football? You know, "We need big clubs like Leeds and Nottingham Forest back in the top flight rather than diddy clubs like Stoke and West Brom", that sort of thing.

I'd take a wild guess at TalkSport.

5 hours ago, Stu said:

Yeah, 100% Talksport. 

Last night's show spent the first fifteen minute's talking about Rodgers' comments about St Mirren being the best side Celtic have faced domestically this season.

Steven Thompson had suggested otherwise, and came on to explain why - and also mentioned that he'd had to come off social media as a result of it.

Then they went through lots of other matches to find examples of, in theory, where Celtic got a harder game.

It was all very parochial - with the host loving trying to eek out controversy and how the fans of other clubs must all be fuming.  Got to love Scottish football......

Baz : "The results were down to bad luck."
Kenny Mc: "It was more than that Barry. Results have been terrible."
Baz : "Thanks for that."

I heard that and it should confirm to all what a roaster this guy is. How the BBC can bring him on is beyond me. The only reason is to appease and affirm the Sevco support who adore him.

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Last night's show spent the first fifteen minute's talking about Rodgers' comments about St Mirren being the best side Celtic have faced domestically this season.

Steven Thompson had suggested otherwise, and came on to explain why - and also mentioned that he'd had to come off social media as a result of it.

Then they went through lots of other matches to find examples of, in theory, where Celtic got a harder game.

It was all very parochial - with the host loving trying to eek out controversy and how the fans of other clubs must all be fuming.  Got to love Scottish football......

Thompson has been on Twitter for a month, two at the most. I followed him and most of his tweets were fairly unexciting. Him challenging what Rodgers had said was probably the first thing remotely controversial he'd posted so I think it's fair to say it was the first argument he'd have got involved in with folk. For that to be enough to drive him from social media suggests it probably wasn't the thing for him!

Having said that, the folk who took offence at him for daring to question what Rodgers said - which is all he did - are the sort of Old Firm supporting, mouth breathing morons who get all their news and opinions from club media and fans forums and then takes the huff at anyone who doesn't think their club is as wonderful and amazing as they do and immediately brands them as a supporter of the other lot. So, on that basis, I have some sympathy for him.

Edited by Stu

Richard Wilson at the weekend trying to convince Jackson and Spiers that this Portuguese chap was the outstanding Sevco candidate was quite hilarious. Spiers quite literally made Wilson come out and confirm his love for the Teddy Bears.

I have to say Spiers is very good. He's on point and pretty objective. The OF don't like him and that confirms he is impartial.

Keith Jackson can be terribly wrong but when he is on I actually quite like the debate and back and forth.

Much better than when Bazza and Bonner get invited in. I feel like my already limited IQ takes a dive off a cliff when those two opine about our national pastime.

Not to the same extent. Though I remember them describing a recent game between Newcastle and Aston Villa as "like a premiership game".
Probably also worth mentioning they have several champions league winning teams in the top league and great attendances even at yer West Brom's and Bournemouth's.

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:18, Stu said:

Jason cundy on talksport regularly talks about getting rid "of the dross at the bottom of the premiership" although I expect he's just fishing for a reaction