Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, jim999 said:

Radio Scotland sports "headline".
"Former Rangers striker Mo Johnston says Rangers need investment to challenge Celtic".
Wow!!! just wow. What insight. Thanks Mo.

They're now going to talk about this on Sportsound.

It really annoys me when they lead with the half baked cliche riddled view of some pretty thick ex-player, as if it's somehow newsworthy.

It's red top broadcasting and the BBC should be above it.

19 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Richard Wilson was absolutely beeling tonight when Spiers and MacDonald were criticising Dave King.:lol:

Wilson is one of the better BBC reporters, but it's always a good laugh when his Rangers mask slips.

I don't believe it.

Last night was the final straw for me, that's me finished with this farce.

I don't care about Nottingham Forrest, I don't really care about Rangers either but for once they actually had a decent reason to circle jerk over them last night.

Inviting Collymore on to talk about the club where the ex Rangers manager is now employed is just taking it to new depths of ridiculousness.

Totally done with this sham of a show.

Colour me shocked.

It's total pish though I agree. It wasn't a dedicated show however, sure they had a big game in either the cup or the play offs and they spoke about him for a wee bit.

Have heard Stan Collymore was on though talking about it, seems a bit ridiculous considering it's supposed to be about Scottish football.

I don't care about Nottingham Forrest, I don't really care about Rangers either but for once they actually had a decent reason to circle jerk over them last night.

Inviting Collymore on to talk about the club where the ex Rangers manager is now employed is just taking it to new depths of ridiculousness.

It is outrageous really.

You begrudgingly accept that a national broadcast on Scottish football is likely to frequently involve the two Glasgow best mates, it would be naive to suggest it shouldn't.

But to go to the lengths of bringing on an Englishman with no knowledge of Scottish football, to talk about an Englishman, newly employed in English football who was briefly manager of rangers really is sticking two fingers up to the rest of Scottish football.

There will be countless discussion points throughout Scottish football that would be better suited to sportsound. But they are simply not interested and have made the decision that listeners aren't interested.

33 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Why did Collymore have to speak under water?  Not a word did I make out.

Did they ask Collymore about his campaign against Rangers fans and their singing sectarian songs? Thought not.

It's good to see the penny finally dropping with more and more fans as it dawns on them exactly what an obnoxious organisation the BBC is. 

I'm still just recovering from the shock of Chic praising Thistle and stating how pleased he is that the club stuck by Archie and are now reaping the rewards.

I heard that also. Laughed out loud when he said it.

Chic is a roaster that should have been slung out long time ago. BBC is a joke.

I was going to say "imagine having such a narrow outlook and living in such a tiny wee bubble" as the Celtic and Sevco obsessed BBC guys do, but I can't actually imagine it.

It brings to mind Bill Leckie's excellent Penthouse and Pavement book where he blasts Chic Young in the opening paragraph because Young lamented the relegation of Raith Rovers from the Premier League as he wouldn't be able to go to a chippy in Kirkcaldy he liked (because his beloved Oldco as well as Celtic would no longer be visiting Stark's Park).

Derek Rae tweeted this quote by Ian Cathro which sums up a lot of Scottish football broadcasting etc for me

IMG_1489740612.756079.jpg

I'm not saying that we need to have ultra analytical, dry programmes reading out expected goal stats and talking about false nines, but if we could actually talk about the sport a bit more rather than bringing out ex players to spout cliches then Sportsound etc would be far better.

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Derek Rae tweeted this quote by Ian Cathro which sums up a lot of Scottish football broadcasting etc for me

IMG_1489740612.756079.jpg

I'm not saying that we need to have ultra analytical, dry programmes reading out expected goal stats and talking about false nines, but if we could actually talk about the sport a bit more rather than bringing out ex players to spout cliches then Sportsound etc would be far better.

I'm slightly more concerned with the fact that you have a red pen.

Definite OFTW.

I listened to this last night as I was driving home from work. It was the first time I had tuned in for a few weeks. It really was awful. No change from the last time I listened to it.

Well done on achieving consistency.