Sportsound Watch

I've made this point more times than I care to remember, but I'll make it again.

Why are the Scottish media so obsessed with how our game is perceived down south? Do the Austrians, the Poles, the Belgians and the Swiss devote as much time worrying about what their larger neighbours think of their game? I don't think they do.

Just another extension of the 'Scottish cringe'.

52 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I wish you had won 'Beat up the Pundit'.

I would pay good money to go 12 rounds with Keith Jackson in a boxing ring. The little c**t that he is.

I would pay good money to go 12 rounds with Keith Jackson in a boxing ring. The little c**t that he is.

He'd probably have quite strong wrists since he's been tugging the boab of a certain 3 Glasgow clubs his entire career.

Listened to the podcast last night and have to admit that I also found Ziggy Gordon's interview rather bemusing - he's been there for about three months, played half a dozen times and is allegedly a completely different player? He's talking absolute hokum, the example about practising indirect free-kicks was a bizarre example to use when trying to demonstrate their superiority. I don't dispute that European countries are leaving us behind in certain respects but none of the examples that Gordon gave demonstrate the sort of chasm that he implies exists.

I also thought Gordon's comments were slightly disrespectful to the coaching abilities of his previous managers, one of whom has recently managed in the English Premiership and another who has just been nominated for Manager of the Year.

I think it says it all about the level in Poland that the team top of their league has Gordon in their ranks. He's made a bit of a rod for his own back because I suspect he'll wash up back here before too long. Good on McCall for talking honestly.

I didn't realise the pundit in question was Keith Jackson. I guess Jagfox99 won by answering the question, "how do you spell your name?"...

10 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

Still absolutely oblivious to what exactly Ricky Foster's grievance was with Rankin's comments...

I thought that it was just me. I was sitting listening to why he didn't like what Rankin said, but he didn't actually seem to say why he didn't like what Rankin said. I reckon he bottled it because Rankin was there and didn't fancy another fight.

Listened to most of the weeks podcasts...the lowlights were Jackson believing that 'at the moment' Kieran Tierney would struggle with physicality in the EPL against players like YAKUBU?! and that Rangers wage bill had "gone up from 6 or 7 million in the championship to 11 million..it's more than doubled"?

Tom English's crime was to criticise the fact that the shortlists for player (and young player) of the year are limited to 4 places and then state he'd struggle to add any other young players to the list of 4.

I don't think I could do better than these guys but I expect them to be better.  Football journalism doesn't seem like such a difficult gig.