Sportsound Watch

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 14:28, Bairnardo said:

I think the real issue here is that Adrian Chiles gets any sort of wage at all. Both baffling and infuriaring in equal measure.

The man has nothing about him except negatives. His wage is reason enough to abolish the BBC

Worth every penny to watch his miserable face every time engerland f**k up at football :lol:

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

See I am not even sure he understands though.

He understands enough to display the dawning realisation that they're shite and bottled it again after the glorious build up that he (amoungst others) is responsible for :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Heard clips of Liam McLeod's commentary from the Celtic game on Open All Mics. Celtic scoring their third and fourth goals against Hearts at home, and he's screaming into the mic as if they've just won a Champions League final from 4-0 down. It's the same excruciating pish for any match he's involved with.

He is, by quite some distance, the most insufferable little c**t I've ever heard in a commentary position, and I include John Motson and Clive Tyldesley in that.

21 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

Heard clips of Liam McLeod's commentary from the Celtic game on Open All Mics. Celtic scoring their third and fourth goals against Hearts at home, and he's screaming into the mic as if they've just won a Champions League final from 4-0 down. It's the same excruciating pish for any match he's involved with.

He is, by quite some distance, the most insufferable little c**t I've ever heard in a commentary position, and I include John Motson and Clive Tyldesley in that.

Unfortunately that is the current trend for commentators. It's soundbite reporting. Just wait until we're a few weeks in and they start piecing these clips together for trailers and promos. It's unbearable stuff. Well, even more unbearable than normal that is.

50 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Unfortunately that is the current trend for commentators. It's soundbite reporting. Just wait until we're a few weeks in and they start piecing these clips together for trailers and promos. It's unbearable stuff. Well, even more unbearable than normal that is.

A few years ago I had a rant on Twitter about Liam McLeod and how a lot of the stuff he said almost seemed pre-rehearsed. My tweet was liked by another BBC Scotland commentator, Paul Mitchell, which I found amusing!

Seemingly Alex Rae was on once again defending his pish time in charge of St Mirren. Anyone confirm?

Just now, sandros5 said:

Aye him, I'm an eighties child, still get the fear remembering him getting over excited at a random old firm throw in.

His folks lived in Kinghorn, I recall his stuck up sister Dorothy trotting through the streets with fifteen hands between her legs.

She never apologised for all the shit.

His folks lived in Kinghorn, I recall his stuck up sister Dorothy trotting through the streets with fifteen hands between her legs.

She never apologised for all the shit.

Ok i'll bite, from the horse or the brother?

A few years ago I had a rant on Twitter about Liam McLeod and how a lot of the stuff he said almost seemed pre-rehearsed. My tweet was liked by another BBC Scotland commentator, Paul Mitchell, which I found amusing!
Seemingly Alex Rae was on once again defending his pish time in charge of St Mirren. Anyone confirm?

He was asked what the difference between his tenure and Jack Ross' is. And then listed that the club lost some physios, youth coaches, chief executive and "the board" in the build up to the new season and wasnt given enough time to cope with it all.

8 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I hope you're all tuning in tomorrow to hear Tom English interviewing one of the De Boers and Michael Mols, the latter declaring that four of Celtic's last six titles don't count because there was no challenge.

The Michael Mols interview was utterly tragic.

Dumb Mols 1)  A title doesn't count if there is no competitive challenge.

In that case Rangers 9-in-a-row is, by Mols logic, really a 7-in-a-row as there was clearly no competitive challenge in 1994-95 when Motherwell finished runners up a distant 15 points behind Rangers.  Celtic finished 18 points behind Rangers.  And that's giving Rangers the benefit of the doubt on a couple of easy championships mid way through the run when they coasted in.  In fact only once did anyone get closer to Rangers than 9 points between 1991-92 to 1995-96.

Dumb Mols 2) A title only counts if one half of the OF over comes the other.

In that case Rangers 9-in-a-row was only a 2-in-a-row as it was only on two occasions that Celtic finished runners up.  In fact, Celtic, while not having been demoted for cheating and still competing in the league, were generally a complete shambles during most of Rangers 9-in-a-row.  6 times out of the 9 Celtic finished more than 10 points behind Rangers.  As mentioned previously they trailed by 18 points in 1994-95, 17 points in 1989-90 and 14 points in 1990-91. 

1988-89  Aberdeen (6pts gap) Celtic (10pts gap)
1989-90  Aberdeen (7pts) Celtic (17pts)
1990-91  Aberdeen (2pts) Celtic (14pts)
1991-92  Hearts (9pts) Celtic (10pts)
1992-93  Aberdeen (9pts) Celtic (13pts)
1993-94  Aberdeen (3pts) Celtic (8pts)
1994-95  Motherwell (15pts) Celtic (18pts)
1995-96  Celtic (4pts) Celtic (4pts)
1996-97  Celtic (5pts) Celtic (5pts)

Only in the bitter childish fantasy land of the Rangers fan could the clubs own supporters diminish their own previous achievements to excuse their own pathetic failures in the present.

He was asked what the difference between his tenure and Jack Ross' is. And then listed that the club lost some physios, youth coaches, chief executive and "the board" in the build up to the new season and wasnt given enough time to cope with it all.

Yes, that was the problem - not filling his team with donkeys like Kyle Hutton.