Sportsound Watch

27 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Cowdenbeath had an upward spiral that has seen the requirement of a downward spiral ?

They had a good spell ~4 years ago with Kane Hemmings and Greg Stewart up front. That got them into the Championship for 2014/15, where they lost 10-0 to Hearts one week and drew 0-0 with the Buns the next! Downhill ever since.

On 24/10/2017 at 14:07, DA Baracus said:

Boyd is an utter moron. I hope Steve Clarke takes one look at his embarrassing saggy gut and launches him head first into the sun (by which I mean retirement).

I should perhaps have posted this here first:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41754794

Graeme Souness says Scottish football needs a strong Rangers and that nobody in England cares about Scottish football outside the Old Firm. It's odd how Graeme says that but also regularly argues that Rangers and Celtic need to leave Scottish football because it's holding them back.

Is a bit of consistency too much to ask? It probably is with these oafs, unfortunately.

I certainly won't be tuning in tonight.

Boyd has realised he's close to retirement and has no career path for after that, so is now pandering like f**k to Rangers fans in the hope he somehow get a job there, I'd assume.

Souness is just a fucking idiot.

28 minutes ago, mjw said:

Graeme Souness on tonight to tell us how we need a strong rangers.
Magic.

That would be the same Souness that walked out on the Rangers to manage Liverpool and who was then hounded out of said city after giving an interview to the Sun on the anniversary of Hillsborough?  He's no exactly the sharpest tool in the box.

heard a bit of the Souness stuff on Radio Scotland..What a load of absolute bollox ...Still, its funny listening to the studio pundits trying to debate it without being allowed  to use the word " liquidation "..Anyhow Greame  The Rangers are back now and are 3rd in the league , when they,re good enough to overtake Aberdeen im sure "all " the people you know in England will be back intersted in Scottish football again..Dick.

1 hour ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

I should perhaps have posted this here first:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41754794

Graeme Souness says Scottish football needs a strong Rangers and that nobody in England cares about Scottish football outside the Old Firm. It's odd how Graeme says that but also regularly argues that Rangers and Celtic need to leave Scottish football because it's holding them back.

Is a bit of consistency too much to ask? It probably is with these oafs, unfortunately.

I certainly won't be tuning in tonight.

Unbelievable rubbish in that piece.  I'm kinda dreading hearing his Sportsound nonsense.

His entire case that Scottish football will literally die unless Rangers become strong, is based on his notion that there's less interest in England than there used to be.  He's not able to offer one shred of evidence as to why any of us should regard that as a particular problem, that can have done us the great damage he claims.

He can't even talk about his own time at Rangers convincingly.  He says that he was able to sign the likes of Butcher on the back of clubs rebuilding post-Hillsborough.  Souness in fact signed Butcher three years before Hillsborough.  By the time clubs were seriously rebuilding on the back of the Taylor report, Souness had long since gone to Liverpool.  What he benefited from was English clubs being excluded from Europe post Heysel.

It makes me angry that he's given a platform to project unsupportable rubbish, yet isn't challenged at all.  

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Unbelievable rubbish in that piece.  I'm kinda dreading hearing his Sportsound nonsense.

His entire case that Scottish football will literally die unless Rangers become strong, is based on his notion that there's less interest in England than there used to be.  He's not able to offer one shred of evidence as to why any of us should regard that as a particular problem, that can have done us the great damage he claims.

He can't even talk about his own time at Rangers convincingly.  He says that he was able to sign the likes of Butcher on the back of clubs rebuilding post-Hillsborough.  Souness in fact signed Butcher three years before Hillsborough.  By the time clubs were seriously rebuilding on the back of the Taylor report, Souness had long since gone to Liverpool.  What he benefited from was English clubs being excluded from Europe post Heysel.

It makes me angry that he's given a platform to project unsupportable rubbish, yet isn't challenged at all.  

In fairness to Sportsound, Souness' opinion was completely ridiculed tonight with Richard Gordon asking why anyone should care what the level of interest in Scottish Football in England is, backed up by Tom English and the list of clubs who have won trophies since Rangers' demise...then Willie Miller wading in about the Rangers team in Souness time signing players they couldn't afford...Chick Young was squealing like a pig!

Great entertainment.

5 minutes ago, Thistle Bonnet said:

In fairness to Sportsound, Souness' opinion was completely ridiculed tonight with Richard Gordon asking why anyone should care what the level of interest in Scottish Football in England is, backed up by Tom English and the list of clubs who have won trophies since Rangers' demise...then Willie Miller wading in about the Rangers team in Souness time signing players they couldn't afford...Chick Young was squealing like a pig!

Great entertainment.

Ah that's good to hear.

My shouting at the telly during Reporting Scotland brought my son through, all concerned.  I'm glad it won't be repeated during the podcast.

22 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This is it in a nutshell.  Looks like the Blue Bigot Corporation has given Souness their internet, radio and tv platforms to spout his damaging, outdated, discredited lies and disinformation. Even by their disgraceful standards that is astounding. 

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Richard Gordon, English and Miller are fond of ridiculing smaller teams in Scotland and Miller in particular regularly calls for the top division to be made of of only the biggest teams,  mainly based on attendance figures.

Souness is a grade A bell end, of that there is no doubt. However, forgive me for not praising anyone on Sportsound when they spout the kind of pish they do on a regular basis.

Much as it pains me to say it, sometimes your enemy's enemy is your friend. 

2 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

This is it in a nutshell.  Looks like the Blue Bigot Corporation has given Souness their internet, radio and tv platforms to spout his damaging, outdated, discredited lies and disinformation. Even by their disgraceful standards that is astounding. 

The Reporting Scotland piece was just dreadful. 

It would reach a big audience and nothing editorial was offered at all.   Souness' absolutely nonsensical views were aired quite uncritically, with no alternative view (based perhaps on evidence) in sight.

It is disgraceful and damaging.  No doubt about it.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The Reporting Scotland piece was just dreadful. 

It would reach a big audience and nothing editorial was offered at all.   Souness' absolutely nonsensical views were aired quite uncritically, with no alternative view (based perhaps on evidence) in sight.

It is disgraceful and damaging.  No doubt about it.

Spot on.

I expect tomorrow night they'll have exclusive follow up interviews with Regan and Doncaster forecasting Armageddon and civil unrest should Rangers Int not perk up.