Sportsound Watch

Believe it or not I don’t disagree with most of this. Great finisher, good anticipation but overweight mainly and very slow.
Maybe it’s a classic Scottish guy? Got a talent but doesn’t make the most of it ?

I listened to Simon Ferry’s interview with him and he said he worked very hard at other parts of his game and got into great shape at one time, however during this period he stopped scoring so much as he was trying to be so good all round it meant he wasn’t getting into the positions he usually would.

I don’t think he’s always been overweight or slow, just not exactly very quick or physical, he was a big skinny drip when I first remembered watching him.

He’s just very clever, like you say he knew where to go, when to go and how to stick it in the back of the net. If he maybe played in a team at international level or European level that created plenty of chances I’m sure the guy still would’ve scored plenty.

Sure he still got about 8 in 15 Scotland appearances, which is still pretty good.

Not only do they give updates of West Ham V Leicester during the Dundee game... they also have interview with Michael Owen at half time because he rode a horse in a charity race today.

State Broadcaster.

Christ. It'll be Richard Gordon throwing to Nicholas Witchell for a quick update from Buckingham Palace next.

I listened to Simon Ferry’s interview with him and he said he worked very hard at other parts of his game and got into great shape at one time, however during this period he stopped scoring so much as he was trying to be so good all round it meant he wasn’t getting into the positions he usually would.

I don’t think he’s always been overweight or slow, just not exactly very quick or physical, he was a big skinny drip when I first remembered watching him.

He’s just very clever, like you say he knew where to go, when to go and how to stick it in the back of the net. If he maybe played in a team at international level or European level that created plenty of chances I’m sure the guy still would’ve scored plenty.

Sure he still got about 8 in 15 Scotland appearances, which is still pretty good.

I don’t disagree with you in regards Scottish football and Boyd but Bonner was discussing Celtic v PSG in the champions league. Boyd has never been a top striker in world terms. Bonner was pandering to his colleague as he nonchalantly made it seem like Boyd was in same league in his day as Cavani and Neymar. I found that humorous and bordering on ridiculous.

Bonner is brutal and shouldn’t be anywhere near a microphone.

Bonner was freely telling folk that he didn't watch the Celtic vs PSG game in Glasgow. Fine if he couldn't catch it live, but surely as part of his job he should have watched it later. Amateur pish. He should be nowhere near his position. Utter cronyism. They're like the SFA of radio.

I don’t disagree with you in regards Scottish football and Boyd but Bonner was discussing Celtic v PSG in the champions league. Boyd has never been a top striker in world terms. Bonner was pandering to his colleague as he nonchalantly made it seem like Boyd was in same league in his day as Cavani and Neymar. I found that humorous and bordering on ridiculous.

Bonner is brutal and shouldn’t be anywhere near a microphone.

I don’t think anyone thinks Boyd was ever a top striker in world terms and don’t think anyone thought that’s what he meant either to be fair.

everybody dancing round the obvious fact - Zombie Rangers have no fucking money!
Chic and Company can chunder on all they want with their 'they should do this, they should do that, Derek McInnes may still come' rubbish

Theyve never had any money, they just wait until their next batch of loans then splurge it.

Fairly sure more loans are on their way at the start of next month, assume that's when they'll appoint a new manager

On 25/11/2017 at 15:34, Arch Stanton said:

In describing Simon Murray's goal for Hibs, Derek Ferguson said "Ahll tell ye wot"...twice.

14 hours ago, lonewolfie said:

D Ferguson : "The first 29 minutes of this game have been completely unforgettable. Nothing at all happened." Eh?

It's all right though, he's enthusiastic.

Yeah, as usual, Michael Stewart was the only one talking sense last night. Trying to explain that it was how Boyd put his points across, ranting and raving angrily that was disrespectful, as opposed to simply having the opinion that the Aberdeen players weren’t good enough to play for Scotland.

Boyd did at one point concede he may have got a little carried away but was stupid trying to argue that people who only listened to clips of it instead of the whole show that night didn’t get the entire point. Listening to the full show is what made it even worse. His outburst was so unnecessary and over the top compared to the rest of the debate that night.

He just sounded desperate by the end asking why people were still talking about his comments three weeks later, when the teams had just met the day before.