Sportsound Watch

I am sure when Chic Young was commenting on the sending off in the St Mirren Dumbarton game he referred to Sam Wardrop as Sam Wardrobe as the player being injured. He managed to get the Cypriot player’s name right, but then again he is a St Mirren supporter

9 hours ago, gastropod said:

The games fukt  if a player says  " i felt contact so i went down "........

The games fukt then. That line is the staple diet of every ex-pro pundit in the media, backing up their cheating colleagues still playing.  The hard of thinking on here increasingly repeat it as somebody famous said it on the telly. It is just going to get worse and worse.

37 minutes ago, Curler said:

I am sure when Chic Young was commenting on the sending off in the St Mirren Dumbarton game he referred to Sam Wardrop as Sam Wardrobe as the player being injured. He managed to get the Cypriot player’s name right, but then again he is a St Mirren supporter

:eek:

10 hours ago, 7-2 said:

The games fukt then. That line is the staple diet of every ex-pro pundit in the media, backing up their cheating colleagues still playing.  The hard of thinking on here increasingly repeat it as somebody famous said it on the telly. It is just going to get worse and worse.

What I don't get is how people like Willie Miller actually justify players going down if they feel contact.

He would have gone mental if it had happened against him either as a player or a manager.  It is time people in the media start calling out blatant cheating and condemn what the likes of Sinclair and McGregor did. 

He and Bonner sum up how bad Sportsound has now become - morons the pair of them. 

Edited by paul wright scores

Avril has contacted the head of BBC Sport to complain about Michael Stewart saying nasty things about him on the telly and radio. :lol:

Should ban him from Tynecastle IMO. Hopefully Aberdeen follow suit and ban a BBC employee (Boyd?). A few more, say Celtic, and the BBC may be forced to cover the diddies.

6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Should ban him from Tynecastle IMO. Hopefully Aberdeen follow suit and ban a BBC employee (Boyd?). A few more, say Celtic, and the BBC may be forced to cover the diddies.

They don't go to Ibrox and still give the ***s plenty of coverage so I wouldn't hold your breath even if that did happen

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Should ban him from Tynecastle IMO. 

I presume you mean Stewart and not Levein :):):)

Ban Stewart for expressing an opinion, one which most people would agree with?   If you are going to do that then there is no point in having pundits.

While I don't agree with him all the time I think Stewart is the best pundit by a mile.  Miles better than his sidekick who still doesn't want to upset anyone still playing. 

I would agree with you banning Boyd at this time, as IMO he should not be discussing other teams/players whilst playing for Killie. 

23 hours ago, 7-2 said:

The problem is that in the incredibly small world of Scottish Football, very few people deviate from the accepted line to take, but not necessarily from bias as such. Ex-pro's are usually loathe to criticise their mates or (as there is basically 2 degrees of separation between everyone in Scottish Football), their mates' mates. The 2nd problem with many of the ex-pro's that are asked to give an opinion is that they don't actually have the mental capacity to form one of their own - so standard boiler plate from MOTD is used ("entitled to go down", "seen them given", "too honest", etc). And finally, yes, you get hopelessly biased ex-OF players who would never derail the gravy train in case they get less invites to steak pie dinners at supporter's clubs with "emerald" or "loyal" in their name. 

Hacks, with a few notable exceptions, are not going to pick an OF example to go against the grain, as it simply makes their job harder and invites all the  mouth-breathers to have a go at them. If they (for example) criticised a Celtic player for diving to win a penalty, they'd get a public rebuke from Brendan and they'd privately find their drip of information and stories drying up pretty quickly - and that matters if your job is to fill newspaper websites with inconsequential bullshit about Celtic (or Exclusives to give them their Sunday name). 

17 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

I presume you mean Stewart and not Levein :):):)

Ban Stewart for expressing an opinion, one which most people would agree with?   If you are going to do that then there is no point in having pundits.

While I don't agree with him all the time I think Stewart is the best pundit by a mile.  Miles better than his sidekick who still doesn't want to upset anyone still playing. 

I would agree with you banning Boyd at this time, as IMO he should not be discussing other teams/players whilst playing for Killie. 

It goes way beyond expressing opinion, he's got some pathetic, petty agenda against Levein dating back to when he was a player. Levein is quite right to question whether the national broadcaster should be giving the guy the platform to push said agenda at every opportunity. Stewart is just as impartial as Bonner, Fatty Boyd, Ferguson and the rest, just in a different way. 

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

It goes way beyond expressing opinion, he's got some pathetic, petty agenda against Levein dating back to when he was a player. Levein is quite right to question whether the national broadcaster should be giving the guy the platform to push said agenda at every opportunity. Stewart is just as impartial as Bonner, Fatty Boyd, Ferguson and the rest, just in a different way. 

What has Stewart said about Hearts that's out of the ordinary? Most of what I remember him saying was pretty standard and in line with the criticism other pundits had too.

It's clear Stewart has an agenda against Levein but he hasn't said anything out of order.

I agree, I may be wrong as haven’t seen many hearts games this season but his criticism doesn’t seem over the top.

Hearts are underperforming as a club and Stewart seems to merely be saying just that.

If anything levein talking about Stewart being his worst ever signing is far more personal and over the top than anything Stewart has said.

52 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I agree, I may be wrong as haven’t seen many hearts games this season but his criticism doesn’t seem over the top.

Hearts are underperforming as a club and Stewart seems to merely be saying just that.

If anything levein talking about Stewart being his worst ever signing is far more personal and over the top than anything Stewart has said.

Definitely. Although it comes as no surprise that Levein is an incredibly petty man.