Sportsound Watch

Credit where it's due, in the second part of Off The Ball Pat Nevin was bang on when he slated the SFA for dancing to the Old Firm's tune by sorting the fixtures out so that Celtic can't win the league against Rangers in order to avoid crowd trouble and carnage. It's precisely what's wrong with Scottish football, the governing body being subservient and pandering to the two arsecheeks. It's absolutely ridiculous that instead of punishing both clubs when the large sub-human element of their fans behave like p***ks the SFA change everything to accommodate them, sadly I can't see it changing any time soon though

Credit where it's due, in the second part of Off The Ball Pat Nevin was bang on when he slated the SFA for dancing to the Old Firm's tune by sorting the fixtures out so that Celtic can't win the league against Rangers in order to avoid crowd trouble and carnage. It's precisely what's wrong with Scottish football, the governing body being subservient and pandering to the two arsecheeks. It's absolutely ridiculous that instead of punishing both clubs when the large sub-human element of their fans behave like p***ks the SFA change everything to accommodate them, sadly I can't see it changing any time soon though

I don't think us or Rangers would mind playing a title decider. The decision not to play it has nothing to do with the clubs.

So I don't see how that's pandering to us or the ***'s at all.

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I don't think us or Rangers would mind playing a title decider. The decision not to play it has nothing to do with the clubs.

It’s because neither of the clubs can be trusted to be civil in light of such events.

I agree but you can’t escape the fact that the rest of us are in limbo about fixtures because of the implications of a title decider.

Which in all honesty wouldn’t turn into the full scale riot police seem to think it would. Let’s be honest celtic have won the league, the day they make it official isn’t exactly that significant.

I could maybe understand if it was a winner takes all on the last day of the season or something.

6 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Fair one, perhaps me saying that the SFA are "pandering to the Old Firm" is incorrect in this instance. Not a sentence which gets used very often! It's still a pretty daft state of affairs though and I think my point still stands. My dig was at the SFA for being so scared of Rangers and Celtic that they'd rather build the fixture list to suit them than deal with some of their fans being arseholes

12 minutes ago, Jarballs said:

More likely that they're pandering to Police Scotland.

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It’s because neither of the clubs can be trusted to be civil in light of such events.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I agree but you can’t escape the fact that the rest of us are in limbo about fixtures because of the implications of a title decider.

Which in all honesty wouldn’t turn into the full scale riot police seem to think it would. Let’s be honest celtic have won the league, the day they make it official isn’t exactly that significant.

I could maybe understand if it was a winner takes all on the last day of the season or something.

@Jarballs was just in full "i hate the arse cheeks" mode.

My point stands, it's f**k all do do with us, i am more than happy to smash the ***'s at Parkhead to win the title and I don't think the club would mind.

We will probably get you guys, smash you to bits and then put you at a disadvantage in the run for 2nd place.

2 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

More likely that they're pandering to Police Scotland.

Aye, you're absolutely right that the police won't want that fixture to go ahead. My argument is that if the SFA took stronger punitive action for fans misbehaving then perhaps it wouldn't so much of a concern for the Five-O. The SFA can hardly say that they've done their best to curb the carry-on.

6 minutes ago, Romeo said:

@Jarballs was just in full "i hate the arse cheeks" mode.

My point stands, it's f**k all do do with us, i am more than happy to smash the ***'s at Parkhead to win the title and I don't think the club would mind.

We will probably get you guys, smash you to bits and then put you at a disadvantage in the run for 2nd place.

I do hate Rangers and Celtic, no more so than your average Scottish football fan though. Again, my dig was at the SFA and the way they deal with the problem - which you've said yourself, doesn't come from either club.

[mention=69816]Jarballs[/mention] was just in full "i hate the arse cheeks" mode.

Did anyone suggest the fans of each club were against it?

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Did anyone suggest the fans of each club were against it?

You know fine well what was suggested.

Wind your neck in or we won't be lying down to you guys until the *** game.

8 minutes ago, Jarballs said:

Aye, you're absolutely right that the police won't want that fixture to go ahead. My argument is that if the SFA took stronger punitive action for fans misbehaving then perhaps it wouldn't so much of a concern for the Five-O. The SFA can hardly say that they've done their best to curb the carry-on.

I do hate Rangers and Celtic, no more so than your average Scottish football fan though. Again, my dig was at the SFA and the way they deal with the problem - which you've said yourself, doesn't come from either club.

You said "Dancing to the old firm tune" which is a clear indication that you feel us and the ***'s are orchestrating things,

Rico-esque meltdown here from Romeo. The inevitable carnage that would ensue from life's losers clashing after one of you wins the league against the other one would harm both sides equally in the aftermath. Perhaps if your supports were comprised of actual humans we could have football run the way it should be but alas, allowances have to be made at the expense of everyone else.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

You said "Dancing to the old firm tune" which is a clear indication that you feel us and the ***'s are orchestrating things,

Indeed, have held my hands up and accepted that the tone of my original post was perhaps wrongly accusatory towards the clubs. I've taken your point on board

You know fine well what was suggested.
Wind your neck in or we won't be lying down to you guys until the *** game.

Do I?

Your argument is that you’re fine with a title decider against them.

No one is arguing anything other than that the authorities are delaying the entire post split fixture list has been held up by your circus of a derby

Even if we accept, for the sake of argument the legitimacy of setting up the fixtures to avoid the league being won in an old firm game

It really should have been possible to have multiple sets of fixtures ready by Saturday morning for whatever the situation was by Sunday night