Sportsound Watch

Rather than address the real issue which is that Brown is treated far more leniently than everyone else in Scottish football, they turn it into "Brown needs better protection everyone who is  out to get him"
Brenda has managed to deflect from the real issue again. 

Tbf the Davies challenge absolutely deserves a bigger ban.

That's a completely different issue from the leniency shown to brown though.

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Tbf the Davies challenge absolutely deserves a bigger ban.

That's a completely different issue from the leniency shown to brown though.

Agree with that, but Brown's premeditated challenge on Boyce was downgraded from a red last year, which was a total joke.   There s leniency shown to brown every week by weak referees. 

we had about half an hour focus on scott brown and that tackle tonight.

What audience were they playing to considering celtic were not playing tonight?

Absolutely pathetic from bbc as usual...

Guest JTS98

I've only listened to the podcast, not the live show, and I'm not sure if there' any difference in terms of edit.

But they spent 17 minutes talking about a bad tackle for which the offending player was sent off. How do you get 17 minutes out of that?

5 hours ago, JTS98 said:

I've only listened to the podcast, not the live show, and I'm not sure if there' any difference in terms of edit.

But they spent 17 minutes talking about a bad tackle for which the offending player was sent off. How do you get 17 minutes out of that?

Because there are multiple ways to say "Broon is the best" "Others are jealous" "there are better ways to boot a player than in the baws" - and each of the zoomers had to say them at least twice. 

Willie Miller was the only one who almost said something controversial about Brown, but he shat it.

8 hours ago, JTS98 said:

By repeating the same mince over and over again but trying to pass it off as something different by tweaking the wording slightly each time. I honestly thought Scott Brown was in the studio holding a gun to their heads, demanding half an hour dedicated to himself and his victimhood.

On 02/04/2018 at 12:03, Cumdog35 said:

One guy I actually don't mind is Brian McLaughlin. Alright for a Jambo.

He's not a Hearts fan, he's a fat red faced old boy glued into a v-neck who plays too much golf...eh, yeah...ok, carry on.

I1HSXNh.png

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 07:59, Stu said:

This popped up on my Facebook "On This Day" thing from a few years ago.

19810_10155455129655441_1990987430464373

Great work from whoever was running this live text to interpret whatever Bonner actually said when he said Jeroen Tesselaar.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Great work from whoever was running this live text to interpret whatever Bonner actually said when he said Jeroen Tesselaar.

"the St Mirren full back" wouldn't be too hard to figure out tbf

Liam McLeod, whose full-time job is to commentate on football, openly admitted to not knowing the rules there (re not having to go off after treatment if the opposing player was booked).

You can almost, almost forgive occasional pundits like Gordon Smith for not knowing. But not the full-time commentators and reporters.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Liam McLeod, whose full-time job is to commentate on football, openly admitted to not knowing the rules there (re not having to go off after treatment if the opposing player was booked).

You can almost, almost forgive occasional pundits like Gordon Smith for not knowing. But not the full-time commentators and reporters.

He'd've been too busy nursing a stauner every time Sellic got a throw in.

12 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Yup, but he still gets himself in a froth anytime Celtic do, well, anything.

You are entitled to your opinion, it’s simply that your opinion falls into the normal P&B posters views on anything BBC Scotland.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

You are entitled to your opinion, it’s simply that your opinion falls into the normal P&B posters views on anything BBC Scotland.

Some of the P&B criticism of BBC Scotland is justified, some of it is overblown.

What seems pretty undeniable to me is that Liam McLeod commentates favourably towards Celtic. Nobody is saying he isn't an Aberdeen fan - maybe he does it because he's told to do it, or maybe he feels like it'll make more people like him if he does it, but rave about Celtic more than their opposition is definitely something he does.

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Hi Liam. You're a c**t. HTH.

14 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Some of the P&B criticism of BBC Scotland is justified, some of it is overblown.

What seems pretty undeniable to me is that Liam McLeod commentates favourably towards Celtic. Nobody is saying he isn't an Aberdeen fan - maybe he does it because he's told to do it, or maybe he feels like it'll make more people like him if he does it, but rave about Celtic more than their opposition is definitely something he does.

Absolutely 100% agree with this. Especially if Leeeeeeeeee Griffiths scores - it just has to be a worldie every time for oor Liam.

His general commentary is alright. Problem is whenever there's a significant goal or the full time whistle goes he immediately goes into soundbyte mode and goes well over the top.

Can see the logic in doing it if it was a significant game but doing it every week just makes it sound incredibly fake and does his commentary a disservice.