Sportsound Watch

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

There is zero chance we'll be qualifying via the traditional route

scotland-euro-qualifying-groups-510254faeba72f23f99b3a550c657ac3.jpg.17730368ca5e82bc58bc704993d700a0.jpg

Wed qualify from that, especially if Giggs is still in chat of Wales.

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Apart from the fact Switzerland can only go into a 5 team group, I think we'd f**k that up. I'd take Iceland over Wales and though. 

Wales for me, every day. Iceland solid, Wales under Giggs have a "philosophy"

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Billy Dodds reckons you get 'millions' for being promoted to the Premiership.

Does anyone have a link to the thread that was on here years ago where Billy Dodds predicted the SPL games over a season and had Celtic and Rangers winning every game, apart from when they played each other where he naturally predicted a draw?

31 minutes ago, killiemilan said:

When the lights went out Packie Bonner was speculating if perhaps the lights were like old Christmas Tree lights when 1 bulb goes out they all fail! Oh Dear 

Yeah, noticed that. Did I hear him describing somebody as ‘like a duck out of water’?

I hardly listen to Sportsound but the fact Pat Bonner is on every week is incredible. In any other walk of life you would be put out the door for having such a limited knowledge of the subject you are covering. At the BBC it seems to be lauded. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

12 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I hardly listen to Sportsound but the fact Pat Bonner is on every week is incredible. In any other walk of life you would be put out the door for having such a limited knowledge of the subject you are covering. At the BBC it seems to be lauded. 

Likewise I rarely listen but was working today and was quiet enough to be able to listen to open all mics then live commentary. Was in the car te other night and I heard Yogi Hughes talking about Kris Boyd -"He's a great lad like ken.I hud him oan ma course at Largs and he wis great.Ah wis the tutor like" . A bit like Bonner I hear Yogi is a great guy but the two of them should be nowhere near our national broadcaster. Perhaps even more worrying is that Yogi coaches and tests the coaches!

5 minutes ago, killiemilan said:

Likewise I rarely listen but was working today and was quiet enough to be able to listen to open all mics then live commentary. Was in the car te other night and I heard Yogi Hughes talking about Kris Boyd -"He's a great lad like ken.I hud him oan ma course at Largs and he wis great.Ah wis the tutor like" . A bit like Bonner I hear Yogi is a great guy but the two of them should be nowhere near our national broadcaster. Perhaps even more worrying is that Yogi coaches and tests the coaches!

Agreed some of the output is so amateurish it’s unreal. Hughes is a known buffoon and god knows what qualifies Bonner to give his opinion on Scottish football (although I realise he only talks about Celtic). 

The biggest compliment I could give Sportsound is that it is marginally better to listen to than Clyde SSB, which seems to be Alex Rae talking like a ned saying ‘listen’ over and over. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

25 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Laughed when he suggested this afternoon that the ideal next step for Shankland was to move to Aberdeen then forced to admit that he had no idea he'd already been at Pittodrie. Commentating on his beloved Celtic really should be the absolute limit of his involvement, as he's ignorant of anything outside of Parkhead. Clueless

5 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Agreed some of the output is so amateurish it’s unreal. Hughes is a known buffoon and god knows what qualifies Bonner to give his opinion on Scottish football (although I realise he only talks about Celtic). 

The biggest compliment I could give Sportsound is that it is marginally better to listen to than Clyde SSB, which seems to be Alex Rae talking like a ned saying ‘listen’ over and over. 

Thing for me about Clyde is I have always treated them as a bit of a joke( going back to the Richard Park and Jimmy Sanderson days) when I have taken Sportsound seriously.  I dont mind Clyde for the way they allow fans on to say ludicrous things but Sportsound still think they provide quality journalism .