Sportsound Watch

Presumably they just pay the fine and move on.
Although I have heard it suggested that they haven't actually banned the BBC, they've just banned McLaughlin, and the BBC have refused to send anyone else there out of solidarity.
I believe that this is the case. It seems it is the BBC who chooses not to cover Rangers in solidarity with Chris McLaughlin. In which case Rangers cannot really be fined, as they only banned one journalist.

14 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:
31 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
Presumably they just pay the fine and move on.
Although I have heard it suggested that they haven't actually banned the BBC, they've just banned McLaughlin, and the BBC have refused to send anyone else there out of solidarity.

I believe that this is the case. It seems it is the BBC who chooses not to cover Rangers in solidarity with Chris McLaughlin. In which case Rangers cannot really be fined, as they only banned one journalist.

Ah yes this sounds about right.

Odd then, that the BBC continue to do nonsense like quoting Steeeevie G interview off BT Sport today at the end of the match.

You would think they would at least have the decency to ignore the currant buns if their principles are so valuably held?

18 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Ah yes this sounds about right.

Odd then, that the BBC continue to do nonsense like quoting Steeeevie G interview off BT Sport today at the end of the match.

You would think they would at least have the decency to ignore the currant buns if their principles are so valuably held?

Absolutely. Bennett will tell us that Rangers haven’t banned the BBC, and he’s right, but they have banned Chris McLaughlin. The reason that they have banned Chris McLaughlin? For writing the truth.

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Absolutely. Bennett will tell us that Rangers haven’t banned the BBC, and he’s right, but they have banned Chris McLaughlin. The reason that they have banned Chris McLaughlin? For writing the truth.

Is it also because he went to a school named after a Saint?

He’ll tell you McLaughlin isn’t banned, he’s just had press rights revoked.

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You're having a mare this weekend, M90.  You tried to have a go at Hertz fans' attendance at Hampden and are now on to the BBC 'ban'.  Have a wee lie doon, pet lamb.

Remember. They also had an issue with Mr Spence for telling the truth. Has anyone checked a dictionary to see if the word Liquidation is still in it ?

Seems it doesn’t exist in the vocabulary of many Scots anymore.

4 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Remember. They also had an issue with Mr Spence for telling the truth. Has anyone checked a dictionary to see if the word Liquidation is still in it ?

Seems it doesn’t exist in the vocabulary of many Scots anymore.

Wee jum, went from working for the national broadcaster to some local rag and all because he couldn't be professional. 

Amusing to hear sycophants like Richard Gordon still desperately trying to rewrite history about Rangers dying.

He got in all the classics today, including 'demotion' and 'financial troubles'

What a bootlicking pack of cowards.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Amusing to hear sycophants like Richard Gordon still desperately trying to rewrite history about Rangers dying.

He got in all the classics today, including 'demotion' and 'financial troubles'

What a bootlicking pack of cowards.

Dick Gordon pro Sevco, seriously?

Today's win has unhinged the usual suspects. 

20 minutes ago, bennett said:

Today's win has unhinged the usual suspects. 

Not me, I think you easily deserved to win today, but it might have been nice if Steeeeevie G could have actuallly told us what was going on rather than the BBC telling us what BT Sport was broadcasting !

Its amateur hour, and all because you cant accept being told that sectarianism is unacceptable.

5 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Not me, I think you easily deserved to win today, but it might have been nice if Steeeeevie G could have actuallly told us what was going on rather than the BBC telling us what BT Sport was broadcasting !

Its amateur hour, and all because you cant accept being told that sectarianism is unacceptable.

Yeah I was amazing tbf.

Not all, I've long spoken out against bigotry, it needs left in the past and does us no favours at all.

31 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What did he do that was unprofessional?

Genuine question.

I'm sure we've previously discussed this and ended up going round in circles on the bralt. 

24 minutes ago, bennett said:

I'm sure we've previously discussed this and ended up going round in circles on the bralt. 

Indulge me with a reminder then.

I recall some utterly innocuous and accurate remark on Sportsound for which he got disgracefully hounded, but I can't think of much else.  Help me out here Bennett.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

You're having a mare this weekend, M90.  You tried to have a go at Hertz fans' attendance at Hampden and are now on to the BBC 'ban'.  Have a wee lie doon, pet lamb.

You really didn’t read my post about semi final crowds fully did you? I wasn’t having any go at Hearts fans attendance today, I was having a go at the general reaction to low sales from two teams whose fans have only an hour’s journey along the M8. I couldn’t care less about how many Hearts or Hibs fans turned up this weekend, it’s up to them, as it should be with any team.