Sportsound Watch

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Tuned in hoping for some build up to the derby.

Instead there was a big circle w**k over Celtic and Sevco's European results last night and how great it was for Scottish football.

Imagine that, discussing two Scottish teams getting high profile wins in Europe. 

Wtf were they thinking. 

Richard Gordon is one of the chief apologists and sycophants.

As a Dons fan, I hate having to agree. The BBC obviously have had a word with every one of them to replace words used in 2012.

The **** still don’t see it.

Willie Miller is strangely furious over the Hearts managerial situation. He went fucking mental when Austin MacPhee said that Hearts want to be a regular Europa League club, shouting that someone should tell him (MacPhee) that Hearts are shit. 

It had to be pointed out to him that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the statement and that ambition for the future didn't mean he (MacPhee) was saying that Hearts should be a Europa League club this instant.

He really needs punted. He seems to hate 'modern football', thinks everything in Scottish football should be as it was in the 1980s and adds absolutely nothing.

Edited by DA Baracus

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Willie Miller is strangely furious over the Hearts managerial situation. He went fucking mental when Austin MacPhee said that Hearts want to be a regular Europa League club, shouting that someone should tell him (MacPhee) that Hearts are shit. 

It had to be pointed out to him that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the statement and that ambition for the future didn't mean he (MacPhee) was saying that Hearts should be a Europa League club this instant.

He really needs punted. He seems to hate 'modern football', thinks everything in Scottish football should be as it was in the 1980s and adds absolutely nothing.

Willie Miller is a ******* imbecile. 

12 minutes ago, Doctor said:

To be fair to Wille Miller its a bit much to expect a team whose only impressive recent European achievement was getting scuddied by the Maltese Motherwell to consistently challenge.

That's not the point though.

MacPhee merely stated that Hearts want to do that, not that they should do, are expected to or are currently close to doing so.

20 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Willie Miller is the perfect example of how somebody can be a very good footballer but have absolutely no expertise in the game beyond that.

He talks absolute shite on pretty much every subject that comes up. He seems incapable of coherent thought. He seems incapable of expressing his views in a manner that normal human beings can understand. He understands very little of what is going on in the footballing world and offers no insight to listeners whatsoever.

The above example is typical of him. I'm a Hearts supporter, I don't expect us to be Europa League regulars any time soon, if ever. But I suppose it's pretty much what the club should be aiming for. Why not? I fail to see how that could upset anybody.

Except him.

18 hours ago, Doctor said:

To be fair to Wille Miller its a bit much to expect a team whose only impressive recent European achievement was getting scuddied by the Maltese Motherwell to consistently challenge.

^ Willie Miller logic

15 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Willie Miller is a bizarre character, but fair play to the BBC for making him seem mentally balanced by employing Alan Preston.

What irritates me most about the likes of Miller and Pat Bonnar is their awful knowledge about any club other than the one closest to their own hearts.

Asking Miller about Hearts will get you a lot of bluster and nothing you didnt know already.

And while I agree on Preston, at the very least he is still employed in football (agent) and has a vague idea about whats actually going on unlike the other two dingulls.

Listened to the BBC sunday sport stuff before the fitba today and the coverage of other sports - rugby, or golf for example - is much better and the contributors seem to have more than half a dozen brancells.

6 minutes ago, Green Day said:

What irritates me most about the likes of Miller and Pat Bonnar is their awful knowledge about any club other than the one closest to their own hearts.

Asking Miller about Hearts will get you a lot of bluster and nothing you didnt know already.

And while I agree on Preston, at the very least he is still employed in football (agent) and has a vague idea about whats actually going on unlike the other two dingulls.

Listened to the BBC sunday sport stuff before the fitba today and the coverage of other sports - rugby, or golf for example - is much better and the contributors seem to have more than half a dozen brancells.

Bonner is markedly worse than the other pair, but the point stands.

I often think that the punditry round other sports sounds a lot better.  With the likes of rugby and cricket, I think that education sometimes plays a part in that.  At least for those currently in middle age, their career trajectories were very different from those of the average footballer.  

I also wonder though if it all sounds more convincing to me about sports like that, because I'm comparatively clueless about them.  It takes a certain insight to recognise when someone is talking pish.  More of us have that as regards football, than for other games.

Whilst employed to interject with objective insight Kenny Miller refers to the The Rangers fullback as "Tav"

I'm unsure on whether this aural assault is rooted in a misplaced familiarity or a vulnerability with pronunciation

3 hours ago, sophia said:

Whilst employed to interject with objective insight Kenny Miller refers to the The Rangers fullback as "Tav"

I'm unsure on whether this aural assault is rooted in a misplaced familiarity or a vulnerability with pronunciation

:lol: fucking hell. 

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Tonight’s show was good.

Tom English absolutely destroying the Green Brigade, branding them ‘crass’ and ‘self-indulgent’ which was great. He said he found their idea of what constitutes Irish heritage - singing about the IRA and hunger strikers, insulting and ignorant. He’s now being called a ‘soup taker’ on Twitter.

They played a clip from the weekend of Willie Miller and ‘Biscuits’ absolutely frothing at the mouth over Austin McPhee. Such bizarre anger directed at such a seemingly inoffensive guy. I think we all know that it’s purely because he’s not a ‘proper fitba man’. I really hope he gets the Hearts job now. 

The show flows much better when Kenny McIntyre is presenting. Get David Currie to f**k.

Edited by Hammer Jag