Sportsound Watch

56 minutes ago, Green Day said:

What's the story here now then?

Has Stewart actually been dismissed, or just withdrawn for a bit?

Either way, I'm keen to learn what, specifically, his offence is.  I've already said that I don't think he offered a vintage performance the other night.  He was certainly no more scathing on Traynor, than he's often been on Levein though.

This does smack of BBC cowardice.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What's the story here now then?

Has Stewart actually been dismissed, or just withdrawn for a bit?

Either way, I'm keen to learn what, specifically, his offence is.  I've already said that I don't think he offered a vintage performance the other night.  He was certainly no more scathing on Traynor, than he's often been on Levein though.

This does smack of BBC cowardice.

Genuinely no idea - but MS has been conspicuously quiet on twitter.

I reckon if he had been sacked he would have been very vocal about it - I suspect that the BBC have not decided what to do yet, or perhaps they are waiting on Traynor telling them?

2 hours ago, Jarballs said:

BT Sport don't seem to be doing their answer to Sky Soccer Saturday for some reason - unless I'm being thick, which is plausible - so I'm listening to Sportsound for the first time in ages. I know it's been said many times before but listening to Pat Bonner and Chic Young is like having a serious brain injury. Richard Gordon is a decent c**t though, f**k knows how he deals with that shit every weekend.

This will be because BT only care about English football, and the Premier League has no Saturday 3pm games this week.

Also, "Connecting coverage of Morelos to Traynor is of course, perfectly legitimate" is only so if you think it's fine to abuse young black players who play for Rangers. 

In all honesty do you think it's anything to do with his age or colour?
What an absolutely dickhead comment and attempt at deflection to make.
Utterly shameless.

6 hours ago, Green Day said:

I reckon if he had been sacked he would have been very vocal about it - I suspect that the BBC have not decided what to do yet, or perhaps they are waiting on Traynor telling them?

Stewart is freelance, not a member of staff, so can't officially be sacked or dismissed. They'll just stop using him and I doubt they'd announce it.

1 hour ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Whyte says in his book he had editorial control over Traynor, proves the Daily Record are full of shit and that succulent p***k McIntyre. 

Hardly the most reliable source there.

12 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

What are talking about 'source'? Whyte is the horses mouth in this case. 

He's hardly got a great track record of telling the truth, does he? He could be on this occasion but I wouldn't believe anything he says.

Edited by Stu

38 minutes ago, Stu said:

He's hardly got a great track record of telling the truth, does he? He could be on this occasion but I wouldn't believe anything he says.

He was acquitted at the high court, wtf are you talking about here? Where is Traynors  and the Record's lawsuit? Fuking crickets. As far as Stewart goes he's telling the truth until proven otherwise. 

4 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

In all honesty do you think it's anything to do with his age or colour?

Absolutely.  We know there's a race aspect to the abuse Morelos gets.  In 'refugees are welcome' Scotland there was an approach to the home office to try and get his working visa rescinded.  Of course it isn't all about race.  Some abuse he gets is simply from the utter pond life who infect Scottish football - such as A'deen fans and their 'mattress' banner of infamy.  Taking both aspects together it is clear that football fans are cretins when it comes to Morelos and it's pathetic that Stewart chose to ignore this when asked a straight question.

On 08/02/2020 at 00:39, The_Kincardine said:

On 08/02/2020 at 00:39, The_Kincardine said:

Also, "Connecting coverage of Morelos to Traynor is of course, perfectly legitimate" is only so if you think it's fine to abuse young black players who play for Rangers.  

Dearie me, you’re seriously playing the racial card here? Morelos cheats, dives, kicks out, nips, tries his very best to get opposing players sent off, and is one of the worst human beings,on the pitch, in Scotland. He has an equal at Rangers though  in Alan McGregor, and, unless I’m very much mistaken, he’s white.

17 hours ago, Green Day said:

That's probably it...

Guest Moomintroll
Dearie me, you’re seriously playing the racial card here? Morelos cheats, dives, kicks out, nips, tries his very best to get opposing players sent off, and is one of the worst human beings,on the pitch, in Scotland. He has an equal at Rangers though  in Alan McGregor, and, unless I’m very much mistaken, he’s white.
Did you just assume Greegsy's Race? Serously though, why are usually fairly sensible ( for a given value of sensible) OF posters on here being utter moonhowlers lately? I don't recall another time when they have been so utterly convinced that everyone is genuinely out to get them, as opposed to the default position of allowing them to do whatever they they want because, Scotland.