Sportsound Watch

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Of course there's hypocrisy. It's football ffs. There's always a bit of whataboutery.

I fucking hate rangers and i generally prefer hibs to hearts but this all looked a bit dodgy. It didn't pass the smell test, so to speak.

If dundee had bragged about having the casting vote but then not changed their mind then I'd be happy to move on, with just a normal amount of shenanigans. But the way it panned out needs investigating fully, imo.

Any inquiry is going to be limited to the SPFL's role so, if any shenanigans happened behind closed doors and didn't involve any SPFL staff, we may never find out why Dundee changed their vote.

The vote was not carried out in an even-handed manner. One club was given an in-play strategic heads-up by the governing body which quite clearly influenced their vote and may well have allowed them to seek inducement to do so.

I think that's quite clearly an ethical issue.

If someone had outlined this scenario as a hypothetical thought experiment involving Organisation A, Member B, Member C etc, nobody whatsoever would be questioning that it is a shady piece of work.

Like I said, it speaks highly of the impact of tribalism in football that anybody would even consider this an acceptable way to run a vote and make an important decision with lots of consequences riding on it.

And if they hadn't released the results of the vote at the deadline there would have been even more screeching from Gorgie and Govan.

Let's say they said nothing except all votes hadn't been received. They would then have approached the three clubs to ask if they could expect to receive a vote from them. By not releasing the result it would have been entirely obvious what had happened to anyone involved. Everyone knew how everyone else was voting pretty much. Dundee would have ended up in exactly the same position, except there would have been no visibility of it which would have had the conspiracy theorists going off their nut.

Can't listen to it anymore, especially if Tom English is on it. Objectivity has gone out of window while he continues his dive down the rabbit hole, and that smug I know better than anyone attitude is really draining.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Can't listen to it anymore, especially if Tom English is on it. Objectivity has gone out of window while he continues his dive down the rabbit hole, and that smug I know better than anyone attitude is really draining.

^Everyone must agree with me or else!

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Bit of a bad look for you, WelshBhairn.  Running about the Sevco message boards for juicy posts to C&P and now denigrating oor Tam British.

I think they're all going mad doing the programmes sitting in their kitchens and looking at twitter all day to find something to talk about. Tom English especially is all about his own image and what he thinks instead of telling us what's happening with some pretence at a neutral perspective like he's supposed to. 

Just now, welshbairn said:

I think they're all going mad doing the programmes sitting in their kitchens and looking at twitter all day to find something to talk about. Tom English especially is all about his own image and what he thinks instead of telling us what's happening with some pretence at a neutral perspective like he's supposed to. 

You're not wanting a neutral viewpoint though, it's agree with the mob or do one.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

You're not wanting a neutral viewpoint though, it's agree with the mob or do one.

I really don't, let the Managers or Chairmen come on with opinion pieces and get the reporters and pundits to attempt objectivity.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

Spreading mistruth and false accusations to try and discredit reputations  is not giving a neutral viewpoint. 

Amazing how many jumped on that desperate bandwaggon. 

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Oh my, check out the snobby metropolitan elitist snarking at the majority as 'the mob'.

In my neck of the woods, we call them 'the people'. Weren't you guys 'the people' once? Times have surely changed...

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Oh my, check out the snobby metropolitan elitist snarking at the majority as 'the mob'.

In my neck of the woods, we call them 'the people'. Weren't you guys 'the people' once? Times have surely changed...

As if we asked for the opinion of the provincials...

OK, I will try one last time.
Regardless of all and any other votes cast as "No" /not cast/eaten by dogs/whatever.........
The only thing that counts in the SPFL rules is that a certain number of votes FOR A RESOLUTION are reached.
In that, frankly unprofessional, way it resembles your local bowling club. It is an unarguable fact that this is a daft methodology..............but it is the methodology in place, and all clubs are signed up to.
It was impossible for that to be changed for that resolution, so the methodology remained as it always had.
There was a number requiring to be reached, and (iirc) when Hibs said "Yes" at 4.15/4.30sh, it was game set and jerseys. Any votes cast for Yes, No, My dug ate my Hamster were totally irrelevant after that point as the resolution was passed.
All of this is VERY VERY SIMPLE.
For the love of god, tell me you understand it?????
You're wasting your time with him.

He is being deliberately obtuse.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You're wasting your time with him.

He is being deliberately obtuse.

You just called me obtuse yet agreed with a bloke who said, "There was a number requiring to be reached, and (iirc) when Hibs said "Yes" at 4.15/4.30sh, it was game set and jerseys"

Pathetic but unsurprising.

45 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I really don't, let the Managers or Chairmen come on with opinion pieces and get the reporters and pundits to attempt objectivity.

PnB sure has suddenly changed it's opinion here, it wasn't that long ago that those from the footballing side of things were considered fair game. 

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

PnB sure has suddenly changed it's opinion here, it wasn't that long ago that those from the footballing side of things were considered fair game. 

Don't get what you mean there, are we still talking about Sportsound?