Sportsound Watch

3 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

"It's just proper wurds!" Neil McCann giving his verdict on the PTFC statement.

And who keeps clearing their throat?

Its the lack of any vague sense of intelligence that kills me.

McFadden destroying the words "fair" is really ripping my knitting.

I opened up the reply window and realised I already had a suitable post from last week ready to go.

"McCann needs to shut his mouth."

'Why can't they do a hybrid [temporary/permanent reconstruction]?' What does that even mean?

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Think they missed Barnes' points big time by chatting about how hard it is to be a manager and managers not given enough time generally. Robinson even managed to try and make it about Celtic and Sevco.

Dare I say, they might have proven Barnes' point somewhat.

When asked if he could identify with what Barnes said, Robinson should have immediately said no, because he can't. Instead he said yes, and started talking about managers not getting time at clubs.

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

Regretting typing this but are people overlooked for managerial jobs in football because of the colour of their skin? 

I imagine so. As Paul elliott said, 30% of players are black, and hardly any are managers or coaches

Regretting typing this but are people overlooked for managerial jobs in football because of the colour of their skin? 

Scotland lacks diversity so you'de have to look down south where there are far more black players that are English and play to a high level, yet don't get the jobs, or as JB said, time.  It's hard to argue. Jobs for the boys etc...

But I'd argue also that being a successful manager is bloody difficult and most are failures, regardless of skin colour.

Are people overlooked for managerial jobs in football because of the colour of their skin? 

What else explains the yawning gulf between the number of BAME players to managers (not to mention senior club and league executives) in the sport? It's not because Neil McCann and John Hughes are God's gift to management, that's for sure.

They are overlooked for jobs, both in colour of skin and perceived ethnicity from their name, in all areas of society so why would football be any different.

Barnes has a point, although there are some caveats regarding managing the Old Firm in general.

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

What else explains the yawning gulf between the number of BAME players to managers (not to mention senior club and league executives) in the sport? It's not because Neil McCann and John Hughes are God's gift to management, that's for sure.

Are you saying those with learning difficulties should not be employed?

15 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Are you saying those with learning difficulties should not be employed?

On the contrary, I'm all for him being employed by Raith Rovers again.

Edited by vikingTON

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Yes.

Evidence?

John Barnes was a car crash, Paul Elliot was brilliant.  

If you think 8% of Scotland is of a certain section of society, therefore 8% of a certain job should be occupied by the same section, then you really need to learn more.

8 minutes ago, Mr Waldo said:

Evidence?

John Barnes was a car crash, Paul Elliot was brilliant.  

If you think 8% of Scotland is of a certain section of society, therefore 8% of a certain job should be occupied by the same section, then you really need to learn more.

Seriously? You actually doubt it? Why?

I don't think that. Tell me what I need to learn. Please explain.

But here's a couple of figures for you:

2% and 2% again. Both relate to football management. I'm sure you can work it out.

Edited by DA Baracus