Sportsound Watch

Graham Carey & Danny Grainger are hailed as star players in League 2. Anyone that thinks Premiership clubs would struggle in the division is an idiot.

There's a Plymouth guy on the County forum who swears Carey could get a million pound move. I'm not saying he's wrong, but that's just ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

There's a Plymouth guy on the County forum who swears Carey could get a million pound move. I'm not saying he's wrong, but that's just ridiculous.

To be honest, knowing English football that wouldn't surprise me.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

:lol: - Hearts and Aberdeen drew larger crowds than any of the 48 FL1 & FL2 clubs last season except Sheffield Utd, Bradford and Portsmouth (Aberdeen only).

They appear to be similar sized clubs.

Most premiership clubs should be able to compete in those leagues I reckon and hold their own in league one. 

I'd be disappointed if we couldnt compete in League One down there, we strolled past a virtually full strength Bradford (who sit fourth in League One) with a side featuring only four players who started the last league match, and two of the went off at half time...

Sportsound spent well over 50% of the programme last night on Barton. Guessing what he did or said and guessing what the outcome would be. St Mirren punting their boss got a few sentences in comparison.
While I know rangers are a bigger club it's an example of the Glasgow two's coverage being totally over the top.
Spiers probably made the most sense, Barry Ferguson made next to none. He just mumbled really.
Driving to work this morning and the top story on BBC Scotland sport this morning was what Ferguson thought about Barton!!! WTF? How is that a sports headline? You wouldn't think there were big cup ties on tonight eh?

Barton is a twat, it ain't a surprise. He's been a twat all his professional career and will likely always be a twat. The fact he's a twat won't come as a shock to anyone on P&B. 10 minute story at best. A better angle however may have been how he possibly underestimated our pub league and has been found out a bit?

Barry Ferguson is a product of the Rangers PR machine led my David Murray in the mid to late 90's.  He would've been fed all kinds of nonsense when he was breaking through in 96-97ish.

Quite literally everything he says about Rangers is re-hashed, completely untrue 'facts' which do not hold up under any scrutiny whatsoever.

Favourite ferguson-isms from last night:

Coming up here he'd have knewen [known] what he was getting into :lol:

If I felt a touch, someone, touching me, I'd go down :thumbsdown

Aberdeen it's always a nasty one, goes back to the Durant thing. :bairn

The illiterate, cheating, failure getting any air time is an absolute scandal. 

Can anyone take what Ferguson says actually serious ? This is a man who's disruptive ego wrecked the Scotland national teams training camp in a qualifying campaign  and then he acted like a five year old sticking the finger upto everyone. The c**t needs a punch in the puss by a Scottish resident every day for the rest of his life.

His speech on diving was absolute dribbling nonsense.

'Aye well if I get touched, I'd fall, but I dinna like diving ye know the somersaults and aw that but aye if go down'

What?

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

He also said "part and parsley" before quickly correcting himself by saying "part and parcel."

:lol:

Graeme Spiers' combination of his voice and his stops mid sentence to do large gulps of saliva are hilarious yet annoying!

Not sure what I hate the most, that or Derek Ferguson's constant "ehhhhhh" every 20 seconds.

Don't even get me started on Darren Jackson!

6 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Can anyone take what Ferguson says actually serious ? This is a man who's disruptive ego wrecked the Scotland national teams training camp in a qualifying campaign  and then he acted like a five year old sticking the finger upto everyone. The c**t needs a punch in the puss by a Scottish resident every day for the rest of his life.

It runs in the family.