Sportsound Watch

30 minutes ago, virginton said:

Jim Baxter has no standing among people who didn't see him play, in a completely and utterly irrelevant era of football anyway.

Do you seriously think that people who grew up in the age of Messi and Ronaldo are impressed by someone with 30-odd Scotland caps and a one in ten goalscoring record? 

"And he wasted his career and drank himself to death. Tell me more."

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Jim Baxter has no standing among people who didn't see him play, in a completely and utterly irrelevant era of football anyway.

Do you seriously think that people who grew up in the age of Messi and Ronaldo are impressed by someone with 30-odd Scotland caps and a one in ten goalscoring record? 

What a sad outlook.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Alex James and Alex Jackson who between them scored the five goals against England for the Wembley Wizards Team from 1928, have a big standing with me, and that game was played almost 30 years before I was born.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

What nonsense.  England 2-3 Scotland in 1967 is one of the keynote games in Scottish football lore.

1967 is also the year Sellick won the EC - the first British Isles team to do so - and Bayern Munich won the first of many European trophies beating Rangers 1-0 AET in the CWC final.

The 60s was a magical era for football.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Any links to OAM? Can only seem to get the Kilmarnock game coverage online.

Not sure what you mean by OAM, but if it's a streaming site, HesGoal has all the Championship games listed, not checked if they all go to the relevant game but it might be the place to look.

Just now, Ric said:

Not sure what you mean by OAM, but if it's a streaming site, HesGoal has all the Championship games listed, not checked if they all go to the relevant game but it might be the place to look.

Open all mics. 

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Aye, you bloody should have. Came on this thread expecting a link only to be disappointed.

Thanks.

Sorry bud, at least you are back speaking to me again though... 🥰

I went looking and there just doesn't seem to be OAM running. It's either the QoS game or the rugby. Sometimes they'll shift it onto nan gaidheal if the rugby is being covered, but even on DAB it's just the QoS game as well.

On 05/01/2022 at 21:17, lubo_blaha said:

Packie Bonner does this with “almost”. It infuriates me.

Once you notice him say it once, you realise he says it in almost every sentence.

Bonner , Chick Young , Alan Preston etc .. a bunch of morons repeating the same shite weekly.

Chick Young who constantly talks over any other pundit describing an incident instantly with a 5 minute description of f**k all is still the worst.

Willie Miller is superior to the morons above and more. 

Who is a good pundit on sportsound? ...

2 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

Bonner , Chick Young , Alan Preston etc .. a bunch of morons repeating the same shite weekly.

Chick Young who constantly talks over any other pundit describing an incident instantly with a 5 minute description of f**k all is still the worst.

Willie Miller is superior to the morons above and more. 

Who is a good pundit on sportsound? ...

Rory Loy when he's on.