Sportsound Watch

2 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

Michael Stewart absolutely seething not to be allowed a full 5 minute slot to trash his sworn enemy Levein and his horrific managerial record.

"Every time I bring it up I'm belittled!"

Levein and Stewart need to get the gloves on and settle it like men.

First 40 mins of today’s show:

- preview Celtic v Aberdeen

- interview Ange

- preview Livi v Rangers

- interview Mick Beale

- spend 20 mins talking about VAR, adding nothing new into the mix besides some input from Dallas

Was inside the ground after that, but was worried the game had been postponed along with the rest of today’s card.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The VAR stuff is doing my head in.

Every week, when I catch some of the programme, usually in the car, it's all they're talking about.  It's again this tabloidy pursuit of controversy and dispute.  It's mindless shit that goes nowhere and sheds no light.

Ultimately it’s their fault (and the media in general) that we have it. The desire to do ‘trial by Sportscene’ every single week was tedious, and all that’s happened is that the in-stadium fan has even less of a clue what’s happening.

Take County’s red today - looked like potential serious foul play at the time, but VAR takes at least two minutes to review it, directs the ref to the monitor and another 90 seconds pass before a decision is made. Without VAR - and with the current editorial standards on Sportsound - they probably wouldn’t even touch on it post-match. But if it happened at Ibrox, Kenny MacIntyre would’ve combusted.

Think today was the worst for a while.

Pre match that VAR montage with the dramatic music was just awful and no need for it. It’s the fault of shows like sportsound for over analysing every decision we’ve ended up with VAR anyway.

Post match was just as bad, Macintyre asking every member of the panel the same questions about Celtic and Aberdeen meant there was no time for any analysis of any other games, it really is dreadful.

1 hour ago, GreenGray said:

Think today was the worst for a while.

Pre match that VAR montage with the dramatic music was just awful and no need for it. 

That ridiculous montage went on forever.  Someone must actually have been given the job of putting that shite together.

Tuned in after our game today.

Lasted less than five minutes. Have never been so quick to turn it off but just can't be fucked with it any longer. It's not for me now. I'm not the target audience and neither are most posters on here.

Edited by DA Baracus

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Tuned in after our game today.

Lasted less than five minutes. Have never been so quick to turn it off but just can't be fucked with it any longer. It's not for me now. I'm not the target audience and neither are most posters on here.

I think that's it.

It's maybe fair enough that we're not the target audience, but it's annoying because we used to be, and I kind of think we should be.

60 minutes they are on air before kick off.  Maybe I'm being crazy, but I reckon they could spend 7 or 8 minutes on each top flight game on that day. Then maybe cherry pick a game from each of the other 3 leagues to talk about. If a team isnt playing that day then no air time.