Sportsound Watch

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The many folk on here who were continually castigating Richard Gordon for his pro Aberdeen bias (which really didn't exist because of his professionalism), are getting what they deserve.

Were there many of them?

I thought Gordon was highly regarded, pretty much universally on here.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Were there many of them?

Not how I remember it. Not everyone certainly, but a fair few.

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The many folk on here who were continually castigating Richard Gordon for his pro Aberdeen bias (which really didn't exist because of his professionalism), are getting what they deserve.

You have a point.  I don't even think he was that biased regardless. 

7 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Ever wondered which U2 track “Biscuits” wants played at his funeral?  Or which Dubliners track Hamish Husband thinks best represents the life of a Scotland fan? No, me neither.   But seemingly the vast majority of the football public in this county needs to know these things. 

Preston's favourite song is clearly "I'm an Agent" by Gary Numan

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Preston's favourite song is clearly "I'm an Agent" by Gary Numan

I can pretty much guarantee Alan “Preston” Biscuits has never heard of Gary Numan, or at least thinks he’s related to Arthur. 

Terry Munro snr.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Were there many of them?

Nah.  Dick by name, dick by nature.

Edit. Meant to multi quote two quotes here, must've missed one.

Edited by bennett

2 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

You have a point.  I don't even think he was that biased regardless. 

He made/makes it very obvious that Aberdeen is his team, but was the consummate professional when reporting on their matches. Unlike others.

43 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

He made/makes it very obvious that Aberdeen is his team, but was the consummate professional when reporting on their matches. Unlike others.

Completely agree.   Millers biased as f**k and why not, but never got the impression ever that Gordon was leaning conversations to Aberdeen nor backing them in debates in the way the new clown does his beloved ****.  The shows fucking terrible now. 

14 hours ago, The Master said:

No programme tonight for the play-offs is ridiculous, but sadly expected. 

Would you really want 'So, tonight it's D-Day for clubs like Partick United, Hamilton Athletic and some other diddies. So, panel, where do ra Teddy Berz go from here?'?

15 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Hearts fans.  Glasgow 2 fans in particular. 

Eh? I've never met a Celtic fan bothered about Gordon at all and I can only ever really remember a Hibs fan moaning about him on here. If he ever showed bias it was usually on a look back to the 80s in an obvious nostalgic way which was once in a blue moon.

The guy deserved about half a dozen carers allowances for being able to construct a show with the f**k nuggets he was given to look after.

Edited by gannonball

15 hours ago, The Master said:

No programme tonight for the play-offs is ridiculous, but sadly expected. 

Can you imagine the quality updates you would have got from Pat Bonner last night, firstly he would not have been able to find the ground as he sat nav is just following a Celtic supporters bus and secondly he would not have known a single player on the pitch at any of the games, "the boy a has played the ball to the boy b"

Of course he would not be available as he would have been doing his homework on players who may play against Celtic in next seasons Champions league last night. 

24 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Only 2 clubs' supporters wanted Gordon out: Rangers and Sevco.

Sorry but what are you basing this on? Certainly not on here and I've rarely ever seen Richard Gordon mentioned on twitter as he's not in the slightest bit controversial or biased etc.

Edited by gannonball