Sportsound Watch

2 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

I'm making dinner. Time for some music.

Hang on, it's only half five, the fitba might still be oan the wireless.

'Hi, I'm Billy Dodds and these are my music choices for Sportsound'

Click. That's plenty.

The most bizarre thing I’ve heard in a long time. Every League club played today so there’s hunners to talk about yet here’s Billy Dodds picking three songs for the radio. 

Someone needs to come on and explain this. 

15 minutes ago, A Diamond For Me said:

I do not believe there is a single person in the whole of Scotland who woke up on Saturday morning hoping that by the middle of the evening they'd have gotten to hear what Billy Dodds might have to say 

FTFY

1 hour ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Billy Dodds has some good stories

Were the songs any good ?

I only heard Orange Juice “Rip it up” which he enjoyed listening to after defeats as a manager. Guessing he listened to it a few times down the years. 😂 

50 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I only heard Orange Juice “Rip it up” which he enjoyed listening to after defeats as a manager. Guessing he listened to it a few times down the years. 😂 

Ex Rangers player picking an Orange band... Who'd have thought!

Mikey Stewart - I generally like (with a pinch of salt/he's generally on balance more right than wrong) - but he could start an argument in an empty room. Let's not forget the time he lost a fight with the advertising hoarding at New Douglas Park

Obviously when presented with the opportunity to say something interesting (jokey "we're all mates let's talk about ROI manager* aside) Bonnar turned up ye the opportunity to actually say something interesting

*I wasn't as upset about this as it does have a lot of links to Scottish football 

I was driving back from the game in Perth and it was 5:30 before they got to the match report from the 3rd of 5 top league matches.  They just waffle on instead of getting the relevant info out.  Inform the fans then do your waffling and fawning afterwards.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

I was driving back from the game in Perth and it was 5:30 before they got to the match report from the 3rd of 5 top league matches.  They just waffle on instead of getting the relevant info out.  Inform the fans then do your waffling and fawning afterwards.

This is what annoys me almost more than anything else. A lot of the audience will be people listing in their cars. Games don't often finish til nearly 5pm anyway and even if you park in a stadium car park, most listeners aren't getting back into their cars or buses until after 5. They always used to gave an immediate reaction as soon as the final whistle was blown but would then do a proper report after the 5 o'clock news bulletin. Now you get the results (which I appreciate since for a wee while we never even got that) but then it's Rangers or Celtic or VAR (or any combination of the three) until much later and forget it if you want a wee report the Championship or below.

2 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

Ex Rangers player picking an Orange band... Who'd have thought!

Mikey Stewart - I generally like (with a pinch of salt/he's generally on balance more right than wrong) - but he could start an argument in an empty room. Let's not forget the time he lost a fight with the advertising hoarding at New Douglas Park

Obviously when presented with the opportunity to say something interesting (jokey "we're all mates let's talk about ROI manager* aside) Bonnar turned up ye the opportunity to actually say something interesting

*I wasn't as upset about this as it does have a lot of links to Scottish football 

It was a fire extinguisher, not an advertising hoarding. 

2 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

I heard that, and it was cringeworthy. English 'exclusively reveals' news that Bonner has clearly told him off air five minutes earlier.

58 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

I heard that, and it was cringeworthy. English 'exclusively reveals' news that Bonner has clearly told him off air five minutes earlier.

I actually wouldn't have minded a serious discussion about it, as Ireland are in some ways a similar sized nation internationally and Lennon obviously has a lot of links to Scottish Football (and him getting an international job would take him off the Merry-go-round of speculation. Instead, Bonnar bottled it and we had a jokey matey "bantz"

On 28/01/2024 at 09:37, ropy said:

100% this. Most fans (especially now with lengthy injury time for VAR) are only getting back to cars as the show is essentially wrapping up the summary. I couldn't give a toss who likes what music and can only assume it is dome kind of quota thing due to the volume of sports output?

What equally annoys me is the fawning over every detail of certain games. Example is the last midweek games. Almost whole journey home from St Johnstone vs Aberdeen game (c20 mins) was talk of Rangers, Butland, Manager, pretty much everything and Willie Miller at McDiarmid chipped in on Rangers and gave maybe 20/30 seconds on the game he was at, followed by v short interviews with managers before back to Rangers chat. In total maybe 2/3 mins on one game and 17/18 on the one they had just had live commentary on.

Obviously, some games and teams are more relevant to title races etc, but at least pretend to give a monkeys about the others. 

On 28/01/2024 at 12:20, Stylish Kid said:

Did he not trip over it or am I getting my incidents confused 

I thought he was sent off, and as he went up the tunnel he tried to boot something in rage, and went right onto his hoop.

Kenny can't pronounce Brora and he isn't making a braw attempt at it at all. 

Reminds me of Keith Jackson pronouncing Caley like a social event involving Scottish dancing. 

9 minutes ago, sophia said:

Kenny can't pronounce Brora and he isn't making a braw attempt at it at all. 

Reminds me of Keith Jackson pronouncing Caley like a social event involving Scottish dancing. 

How on earth can you mispronounce Brora?