Living on your own

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Desert Nomad said:

I know a guy that bought a shed from some Scandanavian company and kitted it out with Sky TV, sound system, the works. It looks brilliant, but f**k knows how he managed to convince his wife to part with the money for it. She really must hate football and/or him.

Before we bought this place there was a house we viewed that had an outbuilding that had been converted into a mini-pub complete with snooker table and so on - the couple who were selling it were pub landlords who were retiring to Spain. Unfortunately the actual house wasn't what we were looking for so we passed, but it would have almost been worth it for that gaff in the back garden.

2 hours ago, Desert Nomad said:

Fell in to that one, fair enough. Meant that he barely gets out for a pint, never mind on his own. The shed being his only peace!

So fess up, how did you persuade your wife?

10 hours ago, Desert Nomad said:

I know a guy that bought a shed from some Scandanavian company and kitted it out with Sky TV, sound system, the works. It looks brilliant, but f**k knows how he managed to convince his wife to part with the money for it. She really must hate football and/or him.

I see the appeal of the manshed, but I think I'd prefer a penthousecave along the lines of...

zcave5.jpg

...with a bigger TV, extended gaming area to the left, and a bar area where the camera is. Perhaps even a retractable dancing pole. And a jacuzzi.

Anyone with a spare few hundred grand please PM me.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Bump.

Tomorrow marks the beginning of my 4 days as a single parent. Mrs away for a long weekend me and the youngster going it alone.

I am torn right down the middle between my instincts to get crippled drunk each night on the couch and play PS4, and my slightly more responsible parental instincts which are saying just normal drunk is ok.

Invest some vodka and calpol in the wean to ensure a pleasant night.

Much older than most of you but left home at 17 for uni.....spent all that time sharing flats etc til I was 30...got married n we split 7 yrs later. Coming up for 7 yrs on my own it's been utter bliss. Me n ex get on well so we share custody of kids (now 13 n 16 both lads) so can have a wee laugh with them n playstation fest or sports/ films etc when they're over (normally bout 3 days a week ). When they aren't place is all mine to do as I please....having spent years savouring the peace n quiet to eat /watch / w**k / do feck all as n when you want is braw. Started seeing a lass bout 18 months ago n she keeps threatening to dump me if we don't move in together....she has no idea what a toothless threat that is. Love having my own space

I've been on my own for over two years now. 

First year it was hard to get used too.

Now I think it's fucking great 

Aboustly no way would i move in with a girl again. 

No more listening to Eastenders etc blasted at full volume 

Bliss 

I still live with my mum/stepdad and they've been in Spain for the last fortnight, which is the longest I've ever had the house to myself. Decided to take the two weeks off on holiday to fully utilise my time by myself.

Had a few people round at the start and I was up north Thursday-Sunday and dislocated my knee, so all I've done is get stoned and play the PS4, which I've obviously enjoyed but I'm just quite bored. I think it's just because I'm limited to what I can do outside right now. Definitely looking to move out soon, unsure whether on my own or with someone else, but it's been good. I like it.

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 13:35, Shandon Par said:

Drink? Woman? LadyBoy? 

I'm in the middle of about 4 days alone and I think that's about the longest I've ever been home alone in my adult life. Very peaceful with just me and the cat. House stays tidy. No soap operas. Why do we get married and have kids again? 

It probably seemed like a good idea at the time...

I've got the house to myself for 3 weeks at the moment. I don't live with my GF so essentially I've got free reign to do whatever I like in the house. Currently there's a mess in every single room and I was only left on Saturday.

I lived on my own for some time after I left home, it was magic. I was in quite a poor routine though, usually a week of not lifting a finger before spending an entire day cleaning up after myself. Washing dishes was my main downfall, many items of crockery ended up beyond redemption and straight in the bin. Pretty clatty now I think about it.

Have lived with my girlfriend for the last two years or so. It's good for the most part, she works at the weekends and some evenings so I still get a fair bit of time to myself. Need some peace to stick on a bit of muck from a time to time, or listen to embarassing tunes at high volume.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

I've got the house to myself for 3 weeks at the moment. I don't live with my GF so essentially I've got free reign to do whatever I like in the house. Currently there's a mess in every single room and I was only left on Saturday.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Pretty much accurate except I'm usually naked when alone. I'll caveat this by saying I'm a grown adult (technically) and not a young child before any of you get excited imagining that.

On the plus side I've got a fridge full of food and 4 rooms to sleep in when others get too manky.

Every year i get left for 2 weeks by my parents whilst they go on holiday. 

Every year i live like a pig and tidy up when they phone me to inform me they're away to board the plane home. 

I've effectively taken over my old mans place. He spends most of his nights down at his other halfs, but feels the need to pop in for 5 minutes everyday to ensure I haven't been smearing shit all over the walls. I cover the mortgage these days so should probably just change the locks.

15 hours ago, Cream Cheese said:

I've effectively taken over my old mans place. He spends most of his nights down at his other halfs, but feels the need to pop in for 5 minutes everyday to ensure I haven't been smearing shit all over the walls. I cover the mortgage these days so should probably just change the locks.

He's probably making sure you're OK, squire. Being your father n'at.

Unless you're a c**t, of course.

Archived