Living on your own

If your selection policy is up to scratch you can do all these things without it mattering. Find a girl who doesn't mind (or even likes) having sport on, doesn't like soaps and finds it funny, rather than disgusting, when you fart.

99% of women think farting (and ball scratching) are the height of wit but if you're really unlucky you'll end up with one of those 'one percenters' that don't.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cannae whack having a chug with all the doors open and without the fear of being caught in all your wanking shame/glory :thumsup2

Desperate levels of loneliness here.

I lived alone for about a year, and enjoyed it. Girlfriend was away for about ten days over the last fortnight and I'd forgotten how much I'd enjoyed living alone, tbh.

I reckon if I was to do it now, I'd enjoy it even more, having a bit more cash and an actual desire to make the place look how I'd want it, rather than 'this will do'.

Wait; are there people here who actually sit and watch soaps with their girlfriend/wife/etc just because the girlfriend/wife/etc wants to watch them?! Why not just do something else?

Wait; are there people here who actually sit and watch soaps with their girlfriend/wife/etc just because the girlfriend/wife/etc wants to watch them?! Why not just do something else?

I've got a room set up as a second lounge for watching football but if there's not a game I end up watching her shit, well its on but I'm usually either catching up with you smooth pimp daddies or playing FM or whatever.

I've got a room set up as a second lounge for watching football but if there's not a game I end up watching her shit, well its on but I'm usually either catching up with you smooth pimp daddies or playing FM or whatever.

Same here - apart from the second lounge bit...

Its not as swish as it sounds, its a spare bedroom with a sofa bed a fuckload of DVD's and a decent sized TV with SKY multiroom, it does the trick though.

I've sort of got that, except it's my laptop with a set of earphones.

Probably older than all you lot on here.....Moved from the parents' house to the marital home, so didn't live on my own until my marriage imploded. Loving it. Got the place tarted up the way I like it (ridiculously tacky...seriously tacky) and since I have a very low threshold for being annoyed, I'm quite happy with my own company. I (currently) earn enough to afford to stay on my own, so it'd take an outstanding chick to make me want to change it.

same as you except sometimes when I'm sitting with her it watch Netflix on my phone with earphones in and I just nod and smile to anything she says. Week nights I'm in the dinning room to watch football but Sundays she kens the crack and I get the TV until super Sunday is finished.

I've never actually lived alone but back in the days when I lived with my mum I couldn't wait for her to go away on holidays. it was utter perfection getting the house to myself for 2 weeks

cannae whack having a chug with all the doors open and without the fear of being caught in all your wanking shame/glory :thumsup2

Off at a tangent...my pal told me he had read a book about some Rangers football hoolie. His name was Sandy Chugg. That can't have been a good time at school. No wonder he's good at fighting.

Anyone had any flatmates with stupid fucking names like Chugg?

After reading this thread my relationship could now be on the line.

Lived with my Mrs for just under a year ( been together 3 years) and its great splitting the bills ect but having freedom would be great, will just need to find a way of getting her away for a few days.

Lived with my ex for 4 years and she moved out last June and there was a 6 week period I lived on my own until my older brer moved in. It had it's good and bad points IMO; sometimes it's nice to have someone to talk to to keep yourself sane, but then living on your own means you can walk around naked, shit with the bathroom door open so you can still see the tv, and naecunt steal/uses your food.

The people on here living with people are doing it wrong. In my last flat I walked around naked, shat with the door open and generally did what I wanted, much to the annoyance of my flatmate, but it still can be done.

I think the optimum situation for quality of life (if not finances) is having your own place, your partner having her / his own place, and neither of you having flatmates.

I have absolutely no problem living on my tod, spent most of 2010-13 working away from home and flatsharing, which had its ups and downs- since I've moved back to my own flat in Glasgow things have been great.

Maybe it would have been different if I was the same age but living on my own 20 years ago and I'd have ended up down the pub a lot... but with broadband, satellite TV, PS3 etc these days I don't really ever get bored on the occasions I'm in the house. Even wee things like having a lie in and knowing you will not be disturbed by your flatmate getting up at 8am on a Saturday are great.

Flatmates were great when you're at uni and wanting to go out on the lash more often than not, but I think once you get past about 24/25 there's more bad points than good.

Archived