Scottish Sovereigns of the land

jester

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I know some P&B'ers may choke on their cornflakes at this but I have a history degree from St Andrews. The most useful skill it taught me is to analyse who is saying what and why. I genuinely struggle to understand what you are trying to say. You're writing style appears to be a mish-mash of crudely adapted copy and paste jobs interspersed with meaningless hyperbole. Utter dross and bollocks in other words. You are genuinely the worst poster I have ever encountered on P&B. 

st andrews.jpg

Shandon Par must be one of these: so Shandon... did ye "Blitz" oor Hazel or was it just a case of having a "White-Spunner"...?

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

How many times did you get bummed by Prince William at Uni Shandon?

I graduated probably a couple of years before he pitched up. There were lots of minor European aristos though. Generally the ones too thick for Oxford or Cambridge. 

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I know some P&B'ers may choke on their cornflakes at this but I have a history degree from St Andrews. . 

I knew you were a wrong un. Something about the way you turn your nose up to Leith and use words such as "Vignette" at the drop of a hat never sat right with me.

24 minutes ago, throbber said:

I knew you were a wrong un. Something about the way you turn your nose up to Leith and use words such as "Vignette" at the drop of a hat never sat right with me.

It's not fair to say I turn my nose up at Leith. I often tip my hat or toss a farthing to the odd street urchin as I swish through with my cane, top hat and cape. 

It's not fair to say I turn my nose up at Leith. I often tip my hat or toss a farthing to the odd street urchin as I swish through with my cane, top hat and cape. 

You are the Shandon equivalent of the banter boys from Chewin the Fat.

• 10 months later...

Someone (possibly @Skittles) was driving around Alloa today with a megaphone, banging on about this stuff. Even had a white van with professional decals on. He started off throwing out catchphrases about  being a free man on his first couple of tours of the town centre, before having an incoherent meltdown about being charged £380 by the council for something.

Nobody had a clue what the point was, but it genuinely comes across as though mental illness may be involved somewhere.  I'd be surprised if two of these boys could even coherently express their ideas to each other, never mind the rest of us.

20 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Someone (possibly @Skittles) was driving around Alloa today with a megaphone, banging on about this stuff. Even had a white van with professional decals on. He started off throwing out catchphrases about  being a free man on his first couple of tours of the town centre, before having an incoherent meltdown about being charged £380 by the council for something.

Nobody had a clue what the point was, but it genuinely comes across as though mental illness may be involved somewhere.  I'd be surprised if two of these boys could even coherently express their ideas to each other, never mind the rest of us.

Was it a plumbers van by any chance?

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Was it a plumbers van by any chance?

The decals were all slogans about this Scottish Freemen stuff. Presumably he drives about shouting at pedestrians on a regular basis.

Say what you like about him, but Magee presumably uses his van for other things. Terrible, terrible things.

Think I posted this somewhere else

https://www.buzzfeed.com/patricksmith/inside-the-curious-world-of-freemen-who-say-theyre-beyond?utm_term=.mlrgWmVnE#.fsgo1LQk4

Significant percentage of these guys seem to be triggered by their wives binning them. She’s turned the weans against me, etc.

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/patricksmith/inside-the-curious-world-of-freemen-who-say-theyre-beyond?utm_term=.mlrgWmVnE#.fsgo1LQk4

Significant percentage of these guys seem to be triggered by their wives binning them. She’s turned the weans against me, etc.

Seems a small price to pay to get rid of the wife and weans to be honest. 

25 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Astute observation. Smart move by the wives, binning these childish fantasists.

Astute observation. Smart move by the wives, binning these childish fantasists.

I’m hoping that when my missus smartens up and bins me I’ll at least react by getting a sports car and a much younger girlfriend.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

A wee bit eccentric maybe but the council in that case are being a bit fannyish.

• 3 years later...