The Arbroath Thread

Dick has never been particularly enamoured with our club or the people who run it.

History. He's an Arbroath man now!!!!!

Interesting thought though, I think it's totally crazy but perfectly understandable going by what we've had to endure as Arbroath supporters the last year. ;)

I fully expect a win on Saturday, and I think that should be enough,

I'd like us to go out all guns blazing, why not put linn up front and let him focus on attacking,

Fleming

Williams

Little

Munro

Rutherford

Ramsay

Whatley

Stewert

Lowden

Linn

Rutherford,

Of course if dick can do some Harry redknapp wheeling and bring in some fresh faces it's the best we got in my opinion,

Either way hopefully there's a big turn out and lots of support, we can not loose this,

#thedickway

I'd like us to go out all guns blazing, why not put linn up front and let him focus on attacking,

Fleming

Williams

Little

Munro

Rutherford

Ramsay

Whatley

Stewert

Lowden

Linn

Rutherford,

Of course if dick can do some Harry redknapp wheeling and bring in some fresh faces it's the best we got in my opinion,

Either way hopefully there's a big turn out and lots of support, we can not loose this,

#thedickway

Good pick, with Linn up front

Fleming

Williams

Little

Munro

Rutherford

Ramsay

Whatley

Stewert

Lowden

Linn

Rutherford,

#thedickway

No way can we play this system with that midfield four, not a tackler among them

I had a horrible thought at the game last night.

Dick has never been particularly enamoured with our club or the people who run it.

What better way for him to get it up us than to take us into the Highland League, effectively killing the club, while getting paid for it?

He'll bail out and probably walk into the job at Cowdenbeath as he'll be able to say 'the damage was done before I arrived, there was little I could do'

As they say north of the Tay: "Never trust a Fifer..."!

Bobby Linn hated the Smokies too but is now a cult hero it seems.

I'm sure Campbell will do a good job for you lot, very streetwise and he's been around long enough to know how to get a team sorted. East Stirling are destined for bottom spot.

Agree apart from Lowdon, the rest avoid contact

I don't think Whatley avoids tackling. Hasn't been at his best recently but played left and right back last year and was superb si obviously can tackle. We do miss Hunter and Nicoll from midfield. Another reason we should have kept mcwalter. He was a bit raw but never got games to improve and certainly knew how to tackle. We should play the 11 guys who are most up for the fight but options are limited.

I don't think Whatley avoids tackling. Hasn't been at his best recently but played left and right back last year and was superb si obviously can tackle. We do miss Hunter and Nicoll from midfield. Another reason we should have kept mcwalter. He was a bit raw but never got games to improve and certainly knew how to tackle. We should play the 11 guys who are most up for the fight but options are limited.

Agree in part, Whatley would be more comfortable at right back and Bobby as captain who I think has the way with him to fire the guys up

Hi guys. Written a short blog about Arbroath's current problems.

https://footballandstuffblog.wordpress.com/2016/03/10/can-dick-campbell-fix-arbroath/

Might be shite - been a while since I've written anything. Constructive criticism and all that is welcome.

Agree with a lot of it and good from someone looking in from the outside although our defence might be statistically the 5th best in the league it doesn't seem to be like that in reality, Alan Fleming has single handedly made some unbelievable saves that's covering over some cracks, mainly from RB where Wilson has been playing.

It's a very unbalanced, young squad that Lumsden has built and then left, think that's been his main downfall.

Eta: if we didn't have the experienced guys Fleming/Little and Linn, we'd be totally fucked right now I think!!

Edited by 1320Lichtie

If you look at the games we had at home recently the main issue is we couldn't score a goal. We had quite a lot of the ball and created chances but couldn't score. We totally dominated against East Stirling in the last game. I'm not sure if all of a sudden our midfield is somehow incapable of tackling or passing and creating chances. We're not in good form but we do have the players to turn this round. We just need some confidence and better tactics. Whatley - poor recently but a good player. Stewart - lacking match sharpness but again decent player. Ramsay - poor recently but has turned in some decent performances. Linn - always offers something but goals have dried up. If these guys return to top form and the strikers get some confidence then we will be ok.