The Arbroath Thread

The return of Jimmy Doris to Gayfield would definitely be a morale booster for the fans ;) Stevie would be a good signing also!

With us bringing in at least a dozen, probably more, players this summer, I expect Dick will have spoken to half the part time footballers in the SPFL in the last month or so :lol: It's beginning to sound like we'll have pretty much a whole new starting 11 bar one or two next season, so the next two months will be very interesting. I expect Dick's already got half a dozen who will definitely sign and he'll have had talks with dozens of others.

I've heard that several players have contacted Mr Campbell already. Seems a popular guy to work for.

He's tap boi.

I knew he'd be a character before the sportsmans but honestly never expected him to produce what he did. Spoke at length with everybody that went up to him individually too, knowledgeable and very funny guy.

That news does not surprise me.

In today's Sun footy pullout. DC says "There will be a lot of changes here". I've already got four or five lined up and the team will look very different" . Anyone who knows me will know I won't accept mediocrity in any team".

In today's Sun footy pullout. DC says "There will be a lot of changes here". I've already got four or five lined up and the team will look very different" . Anyone who knows me will know I won't accept mediocrity in any team".

Well he signed some shite when with us . Some good aswel though. Took him a season or 2 to sort us out back in the day

Its going to be interesting as to who DC even wants to keep from the current squad.

Obviously Linn and Whatley are signed for next season. But the rest of the squad looks doomed. Even the likes of Little may be let go.

Its going to be interesting as to who DC even wants to keep from the current squad.

Obviously Linn and Whatley are signed for next season. But the rest of the squad looks doomed. Even the likes of Little may be let go.

I dont think DC will sign many skilled players (dont need them in this league)just big ,fit bruisers.

I noticed he played loan players on Saturday,has he offered them a job?

How long is DC signed for?

I dont think DC will sign many skilled players (dont need them in this league)just big ,fit bruisers.

I noticed he played loan players on Saturday,has he offered them a job?

He'll sign skilful players where skilful players are required and he'll sign 'big fit bruisers' to play where they're required, like any other competent manager.

He has a rolling contract as far as I know, so basically an ongoing yearly thing I think.

Is it a Rolling Contract?

I read it was an open contract which i presumed to mean that it was till the end of the season. And depending on results and what league we were playing in next season it would become a normal 1-2 year deal.

Wouldnt expect the board to offer a rolling contract. But then again they did give Lumsden a 2 year deal..........

Is it a Rolling Contract?

I read it was an open contract which i presumed to mean that it was till the end of the season. And depending on results and what league we were playing in next season it would become a normal 1-2 year deal.

Wouldnt expect the board to offer a rolling contract. But then again they did give Lumsden a 2 year deal..........

Well i thought that's what it meant but maybe not?

I thought an open contract just meant an open ended one, meaning he'd have it year on year as long as both parties were happy?

I'm not sure though. Just the way I interpreted it.