The Arbroath Thread

Both the team and the Club came out of that game really well. There was a very professional, organised look to the performance and all the interviews reflected on the work done by the new management team. The TV presenters really seemed to enjoy their visit. Star of the show was definitely the young keeper Mutch. A wee bit disappointed by the home support but can't complain as I stayed in the west as the game was on tv!

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

Scott was very decent in the first half, but then looked knackered which is understandable given he's only trained with us twice and I'm not sure how long ago the Indian season finished. McCord looks a class act and I'm sure his fitness will improve. Stevie Doris though, what a shift!watching Doris and Prunty compared to Rutherford et al last season is night and day. No disrespect to Greg Rutherford, who ran himself into the ground for us, but Doris and Prunty are just so much better and Doris was a joy to watch last night.

100% agree regarding Doris, watching him last night was delightful. The way he positions himself and manages to hold the ball and beat off opposition players who're far bigger than him is superb.

It was very interesting to see Whatley at right back ahead of Wilson and Thomson. I can only assume after I suggested this as an option a few months ago and was told I needed to stop this garbage that ecto is furious with Dick's decision. It's extremely embarrassing for Dick in my opinion, as he must know even less about football than lichtie23, and he knows sod all according to the quote below ;)

On 5/21/2016 at 10:59, ecto said:

So you really believe that we should waste Whatley at RB, over 62000 posts on football and again you prove you know, sod all

On 5/21/2016 at 10:28, ecto said:

We need to stop this garbage of Whatley as a right- back, his place for the coming season is in centre-midfield with McCord, with either Wilson or a new recruit at full-back

Nope, looks like I may have been wrong, but it has only been 1 game, team was excellent last night, but I do reserve the right to revisit playing Whately at RB, if the midfield struggles at any time during the season

I thought whatley did a lot better in the middle but he's a very competent full back. Scott for me looked like the player we were missing last year, he looked to put the boot in, covered a lot of ground and didn't really waste a pass. It's just great to have options all over the park and players fighting for positions. 

Well that was embarrassing! Not the result. Not the performance.

What was embarrassing was the poor home support. It was embarrassing for the tv cameras to beam pictures across the country of a less than half full home end, whilst the away end was full and bouncing. What is wrong with football fans in this town?? Are there too many Auld Firm armchair supporters who are not interested in their local club? Was the shite we experienced last season too much and has driven normal fans away. I doubt it! Plenty of unfamiliar faces in the home crowd tonight, so more than usual turned up but why could we not attract enough to at least make it look like this town deserves a football club. FFS!

The way you guys go on youd think Arbroath some some kind of massive city

Arbroaths average last season was 720

Considering we finished 41/42 and were beyond utter shite that is great

In fact excluding Dumbarton and Alloa who had championship away crowds we were the 3rd best supported PT team in the country

Watched the game back 3 times.. Think thats the first time we have had a game on the TV that was not against the OF. Enjoyable seeing games where we actually have a chance of competing get on the TV.

Say what you want about Sutton but he was brilliant towards us, great attitude, same with Mikey Stewart. 

Who knows maybe we will get a win on Tuesday and somehow sneak through the group and get another live game on.. ;)