The Arbroath Thread

Despite the scoreline, I thought the starting 11 played really well. The young keeper was due a mistake and he'll learn from the first goal. Scott looks like a brilliant player at our level. I'm a bit worried about the bench as the subs didn't give us much. Early days, though.

Despite the scoreline, I thought the starting 11 played really well. The young keeper was due a mistake and he'll learn from the first goal. Scott looks like a brilliant player at our level. I'm a bit worried about the bench as the subs didn't give us much. Early days, though.

Brought on two central midfielders and a RB to be fair. I think if we were still in that game Hester would've came on too. Think he left Doris and Prunty on to give them more minutes.

Thomson a RB came on and played LB. Malin a centre mid came on and played out on the wing. Callaghan got some minutes in the middle of the park but by that time Prunty and Doris were gubbed and we were up against a fit full time team. Could do with another real attacking option from the bench though probably. Might see a loan/2 come in so we've not just got the squad of 18. Who knows.

Agree with the rest though. Scott looks a coup. All over the park, tall with a bit of pace and always looks to use the ball well, drives out of midfield.

I'm just looking forward to Berwick now. Even cowden is basically a pre season game now. Still hope we pump them though.

In today's Courier we are Linked with David Bates from Raith Rovers and Jassem Sukar from Dundee United, both defenders with only one potentially coming in on loan and that would be our final additions to the squad.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/02/13/david-bates-thrilled-to-have-signed-new-contract-with-raith-rovers/

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/2015/09/17/who-is-jassem-sukar-dundee-united-fans-guide-to-ex-sunderland-kid/

Edited by Smokie_Bacon_crisps

David bates would be a good signing. was on the bench for raith midweek.Been out on loan too the shire and brechin think he was playing a few games near end of the season for the rovers.

Either or would be fine, imperative we get a decent, out and out centre back in which will allow Hammy to go to Left back.

Still think we are a bit light up top but I suppose we have guys who can fill in there or change the system.

Would leave us

Gomes
Mutch

Thomson RB/CB
Wilson RB

Little CB
Bates CB
Dunlop CB

Hamilton LB/CH
Phillips LB/LM/CF

Bobby Linn RM/LM/CF

Martin Scott CM/AM/RM/LM
Ryan McCord CM
Mark Whatley CM/RB
Gavin Malin CM
David Gold CM
Liam Callaghan CM/LM

Omar Kader LM/RM

Steven Doris CF
Bryan Prunty CF
Kane Hester CF

Strongest team

Gomes (don't think Mutch will be number 1 all season, he was after McGurn etc whilst Mutch was here so think he'll be number 2)

Whatley
Little
Bates
Hamilton

Linn
Scott
McCord
Kader

Doris
Prunty

Plenty of cover all over the park on the bench. Linn and Scott look like the 2 that'll act as back up strikers if we get an injury or 2 up top.

I still think we need another striker. I like Hester but he isn't the type to change the game coming off the bench.

I agree, but asking a decent player to sign to spend most games on the bench, could struggle to find a player willing to take up that role

I agree, but asking a decent player to sign to spend most games on the bench, could struggle to find a player willing to take up that role

It doesn't have to be a great player, just someone who can come on and add something different when we're chasing a game.

It doesn't have to be a great player, just someone who can come on and add something different when we're chasing a game.

Think Hester does this for me anyway, made a difference quite a few times last year from the bench. An annoying wee bass with pace, Stirling home game sticks out, not a single chance all game he comes on scores within a minute then squares it (offside) when one on one for Rutherford to tap in.

Maybe a big guy would be handy but I'm pretty happy. Linn can be decent up top and plenty cover in midfield.

Wonder if Bates or Sukkur is done then?

3 mistakes, Dunlop, Malin then Kader, all ex Forfar, hopefully they haven't forgot they play for arbroath now, 

No nice to see sending offs in a friendly but both had do go, pawlett for the slap and Scott for head butt

Sometimes no a good idea playing teams like this before season starts, can't be good for confidence, 

Thought we played alright at times goals just bad mistakes especially from Dunlop who looked like he made a mess of all 4? If not then atleast 2. I dunno if Scott will miss Wednesday? Little was red carded Tuesday and played today? f**k knows. It was stupid but funny at the same time, Pawletts wee slap then he just sticks the heed on him. :lol:

Scott absolutely gives his all.

Disappointed not to see Hester. Played better in the second half when more of the first team guys came on.

Choking for the real stuff these games are getting tedious.