The Arbroath Thread

12 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

I completely agree; it doesn't seem to suit either of them to play up top by themselves, but Doris has far more running in him than Prunty and can do the work in the channels better from what I've seen so far. I expect we'll go with 2 up in almost every game this season though, having played two games against teams two divisions above us with 2 up I don't see why we would revert to play 1 up top in games against teams in our own division.

Would suggest that playing with two up is fine until we come up against teams who play five across the middle, either Doris or Prunty have to drop in when we are defending or we look at a 4-4-1-1, with Jimmy Scott playing in behind either Doris or Prunty

We need a bit of a reality check, the squad is miles better than last season and should be capable of challenging for a top 4 position.

The likes of Gold, Malin, Dunlop and Hester would seem to be squad fillers for now, they may have to come in at some point and if the team is playing well and confidence is high then I wouldn't really have any concerns. If they were all starting that would obviously be a problem but that is very unlikely to happen. You're never going to have a squad of 18/19 at the same level or quality.

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 18:19, 1320Lichtie said:

Campbell saying we're bringing a couple in before Wednesday after Aberdeen. Centre half on loan... Wonder what other one will be

Any word if these signings are happening in time for the game tonight?

Line up for tonight in my opinion should be:-

Mutch

Thomson Dunlop Hamilton Phillips

Linn Whatley McCord Callaghan

Prunty Doris

(Little and Scott are banned for this game)

Subs: Gomes, Wilson, Gold, Malin, Kader, Kane

Would be great to have a defender on loan for tonight as I would much prefer them to start ahead of Dunlop. Would also be good to see Kane start a game if he is fully fit and well.

Any word if these signings are happening in time for the game tonight?

Line up for tonight in my opinion should be:-

Mutch

Thomson Dunlop Hamilton Phillips

Linn Whatley McCord Callaghan

Prunty Doris

(Little and Scott are banned for this game)

Subs: Gomes, Wilson, Gold, Malin, Kader, Kane

Would be great to have a defender on loan for tonight as I would much prefer them to start ahead of Dunlop. Would also be good to see Kane start a game if he is fully fit and well.

Said in Tully last night was confident of getting the CH done but also said Thomson and Dunlop will play

Tonight's games effectively another pre season game, of course it would be nice to win but hopefully it's a good exercise for the squad.

1 hour ago, superlichtie87 said:

Is it the top 2 teams that go through the betfred group stages?

If so then this game isn't really worth having our best players starting in case of fitness/injury worries.

Don't worry, you don't have any best players.

If we win tonight do we still have a chance of making the next round in the League Cup ?

Inverness have a big goal difference and even if we won tonight and beat Inverness we would only be level on points.

In short, if the 'broath win tonight, would we need to score a barrow load of goals against Inverness to make the next round in the cup ?

If we win tonight do we still have a chance of making the next round in the League Cup ?

Inverness have a big goal difference and even if we won tonight and beat Inverness we would only be level on points.

In short, if the 'broath win tonight, would we need to score a barrow load of goals against Inverness to make the next round in the cup ?

We're oooot

Best we can get is second and even 7 points doesn't look like it would be enough to get best 4 2nd placed teams

At work so can't make the game tonight but not good score line so far, this must be the worst 20odd months in the clubs history, when will our luck change 

Bit over dramatic, a glorified pre season game, we've had chances and played ok, Doris just missed a pen too. Two goals from nothing. Makeshift back 4 and Dunlop actually got subbed at HT... Whatley is now playing there.. Callaghan at LB and Phillips RB