The Arbroath Thread

This must be one of the best calender years I the clubs history, From last January to now has been unbelievable,
Nouble is obviously a massive loss but I think we really missed Mckenna yesterday, with Nicky Low coming back and hopefully Jack Hamilton continuing where he finished we and maybe another there is no reason why we can keep this up,

As a matter of interest and being a Rovers supporter the “rivalry” and battles we have had with the lichties over recent seasons, means that we always treat this fixture and the team with the respect it deserves. Where I think others do not. Comes as no surprise to me that you are top and others in the division have had their arse soundly bitten.

1 hour ago, RRFC2711 said:

As a matter of interest and being a Rovers supporter the “rivalry” and battles we have had with the lichties over recent seasons, means that we always treat this fixture and the team with the respect it deserves. Where I think others do not. Comes as no surprise to me that you are top and others in the division have had their arse soundly bitten.

Wouldn’t say that. Teams have sat in against us quite a lot this year. Especially at Gayfield. 

From January to end of season last year we had top 4 form and just carried it into this season too.

So 

Nouble out

Dowds potentially out 

I would let Hilson move on possibly heard Mo were wanting him and I like him but he’s never gonna get a game in his best position and I don’t think he offers much out wide it’s not his position at all

Paterson????

Jack Hamilton in

and I feel like we might see 2 rabbits out the hat that could be potentially excellent knowing DC and the fact that so many players would love to come to us at the moment. Real publicity And buzz about what we’re doing just now. We only need attacking players we are sorted defence and midfield 

32 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

So 

Nouble out

Dowds potentially out 

I would let Hilson move on possibly heard Mo were wanting him and I like him but he’s never gonna get a game in his best position and I don’t think he offers much out wide it’s not his position at all

Paterson????

Jack Hamilton in

and I feel like we might see 2 rabbits out the hat that could be potentially excellent knowing DC and the fact that so many players would love to come to us at the moment. Real publicity And buzz about what we’re doing just now. We only need attacking players we are sorted defence and midfield 

Would be tempted to let Swankie go as well

Vaguely recall Pink saying Paterson wouldn’t be back this season at the Q&A, hopefully get him out on loan to a League 2 club at the very least. Dowds is a funny one, you’d think Falkirk would want him back but appears to be a bit of beef between him & Gary Holt which might change things. Would probably involve paying a fee though if we were to keep him. Swankie’s deal is up in January IIRC, but if he wants to stay I imagine he will get that extended. At least in Jack Hamilton we are getting a known quantity, then hopefully we can supplement him with a few more quality signings.

23 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He’s just making cameo appearances anyway and more to do with the dressing room, he deserves to be here to enjoy this journey. Club legend really 

If we're keeping players for sentimental reasons, then yes

12 minutes ago, ecto said:

If we're keeping players for sentimental reasons, then yes

There’s more to it than that I mean it’s one of they things you can’t really measure on paper but him being here and part of the squad and in that dressing room is obviously a big thing otherwise DC wouldn’t have kept him about and he wouldn’t be here either if he was only arsed about playing 

DCs loyalty to his players is a big reason for his success. I guess unless Swanks wants out he’ll be kept on, and quite right too.

If Gav wants to play football he needs to move on. DC and he will surely have had that conversation. All of our Angus neighbours would welcome his contribution.

18 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

If Gav wants to play football he needs to move on. DC and he will surely have had that conversation. All of our Angus neighbours would welcome his contribution.

I can’t imagine Swankie will be realistically thinking much further than this season as a footballer. He’s 38 so don’t think any senior team would be interested. How many outfield players are still playing at that age?

Seems like an intelligent enough guy and obviously has a wealth of experience to pass on so I wonder if his future lies in coaching?

If so then perhaps he’ll end up on our coaching staff. If any player at the end of their career deserves sentimental loyalty from a club it’s him.

Edited by Tattie36

7 hours ago, JoseMarooniho said:

DCs loyalty to his players is a big reason for his success. I guess unless Swanks wants out he’ll be kept on, and quite right too.

Nah, no from me, going to need players who contribute on the field and we need to think beyond this season

3 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:
3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:
Well…..Saturday was the last time many Lichties will see Nouble in a maroon shirt in person emoji853.png

I am sure Livi will allow him to join in the celebrations the day we lift the trophy. Can slap on an Arbroath top then.

We had a similar situation with Partick and James Penrice, they pulled him back in January after doing brilliant for us. We ended up relegating them through the playoffs and he was playing for them at the time :D As long as we stay up we'll let him come lol

Looks like Nouble will be recalled January 1st - I know there was a bit of conversation on here about getting a few extra games out of him. 

Martindale said: “Joel could potentially play for us on January 2, but I need to watch what I say because Dick will come looking for me!

We had a similar situation with Partick and James Penrice, they pulled him back in January after doing brilliant for us. We ended up relegating them through the playoffs and he was playing for them at the time [emoji3] As long as we stay up we'll let him come lol

Joel versus JT and Ricky in the playoff final - that would be something special.