The Arbroath Thread

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I’d like to see us mix it up a bit. There’ll be another new signing in this week too who I think will play 

Same back 5

New midfielder 

Low

McKenna

Linn

Wighton

Hamilton

then low Wighton and Hamilton sunbed aff 

I know it’s winter but topping up the tan is no reason to come off 😉

Agree with your lineup. Low, Wighton and Hamilton have to play some part in the game in order to get match fitness and bonding.

4 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I know it’s winter but topping up the tan is no reason to come off 😉

Agree with your lineup. Low, Wighton and Hamilton have to play some part in the game in order to get match fitness and bonding.

😂😂

That’s the autocorrect on my phone. Too partial to one myself 

8 minutes ago, Biglichtie74 said:

Leigh Griffiths now a free agent emoji102.png

Can ye imagine!

Scores 10 goals for Arbroath, gets us up etc..

OK, time to relax a bit. Didn't see anything today apart from HT 1-0 and then FT 1-2.

Nae words apart from beautiful!

Looking forward to the Darvel game next Saturday. A nice break from the league and a great chance to get some game time for Low and the new guys.

Need a fully focused and professional performance here. A few of their fans seem to think they have a great chance to win this game so, IMO we should start with a strong 11 and try to put the game to bed by half time.

Absolutely no disrespect to Darvel intended (we’ve had plenty cup disasters in our time) but it “should” be a comfortable enough win and hopefully on to a good draw in the next round.

Edited by Tattie36

I’d go with the same back 5 but yeah good chance to play gold, hilson, linn and 1 or 2 others that haven’t been getting much game time. As long as we play with the same intensity we should be battering darvel. Hopefully get 1 or 2 new faces in for this too.

Guys, you out fought, out thought and in periods out played us yesterday. A fantastic result for you, as frustrating as it was to watch that as a Rovers fan I'm deeply impressed by the way Arbroath have gone about their business so far.

Obviously I hope we can turn it around and pip you to the title but if not I'll be cheering you on all the way. Best of luck for the remainder of the season.

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT

Congratulations to Nicky Low on winning the  TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties 2-1 win over Raith Rovers yesterday. Nicky was absolutely tremendous on his 1st start since returning from injury and has won this weeks award with 96% of the vote! Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

80236C22-3A5F-47D8-8577-E2B6731C166F.jpeg

Nicky Low runs the show. I was quite worried about him coming right in to start too after being out so long against a team that’s well known for popping it about but he stepped in and was a step ahead of everyone on the park. Such a clever football player. Like an upgraded all round better fitter left footed version of Pongo